Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

LRP Z28 Spec 3 vs. Picco P3 28..

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 04:12 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default LRP Z28 Spec 3 vs. Picco P3 28..

I'm sure these have been compared before, but I wanted to ask again, because here in Germany there are currently good offers on both. The LRP is going for €165 shipped(kind of - that's the starting bid price, but there are enough of them going that I think it could be possible to get one for €175 or less - they usually go for €200), and for some reason one of the main MT shops here is selling out all it's Piccos for €150... Normally they go for €200...

(Anybody have an idea why that could be??)

Anyway, based on everything I've ever heard, I think I'd prefer the LRP, but that price for the Picco is awfully tempting.. Don't Piccos have PIA carbs or something??

If I were to get one of these BTW, I'd probably first put it in my HB Lightning GT, then maybe later switch it into the Savage X SS (currently with Axial 2 or maybe the LST2.. Both of those latter two trucks are currently brand new and waiting to be broken in(It's winter here in Germany, so nice enough days to do that are few and far between..) The LGT is currently the only truck I have that's ready to go, but it's very underpowered IMO.

Another option - probably the smarter one - is just to put the K4.6, which I was planning to sell.., from the X SS in the LGT, and forget the LRP and Picco..

But dang those are good prices(for Germany..)
Old 01-31-2007, 05:11 AM
HerrSavage

Default RE: LRP Z28 Spec 3 vs. Picco P3 28..

Whoa... Just found the SH 28 P6 for €139 - another excellent price for Germany.. I've always heard really really excellent thing about this engine..
Old 01-31-2007, 11:05 AM
CWC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The sh 28 p6 is the lrp spec 2 both are very good but for a little more you could get an 8port spec 3 this will be my next engine. PIA carb?
Old 02-01-2007, 06:36 AM
HerrSavage

I know they're the same..

I think the more likely choice is between the Picco 28 and the SH P6... For Germany those are just amazing prices..
Old 02-01-2007, 07:20 AM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the Picco makes alot of power, more then the LRP Spec 2 and Spec 3... Its a race motor so it needs a good break in and you must be good with tuning..
Old 02-01-2007, 07:25 AM
HerrSavage

So if I were to get one and put it in my Lightning GT, would it just start spitting out drivetrain parts, etc..??? If so, maybe I should just stick with the K4.6... At this stage I'm still not that experienced tuning.. It's just such an enticing price.. I should probably just hold my breath and move on though, and maybe buy a Spektrum, which would be much more sensible..

I'm strictly into bashing, and as I have three MT's right now(well, 3 1/2 including my Sav 25..), I can't afford to go ape-sxxx tuning up just one truck to the hilt in order to be able to deal with all the power from one engine.. I do however definitely need a power increase in my LGT.. So I guess the K4.6 would be the more sensible thing to do..

Just saw the shop didn't even get the €159 starting bid price for the first LRP, and since he's got several going, I wouldn't be surprised if he just accepted that as a buy-now price..