Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

HPI MT2 Tuning Problem!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 10:56 PM
|3laze

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPI MT2 Tuning Problem!

Hey. I recentaly purchased an HPI Nitro MT2 and I am having problems with tuning. I will start to accelerate and when i get to the point im almost full throttling, the engine cuts. It doesnt cut fast, it makes like a low pich noise and if i let go of throttle it doesnt die. But it will if i keep holding throttle. This means that im flooding the engine right? Well i was just wondering if anyone can tell me how many turns to turn the HSN from stating posistion and the LSN from flush. Ive searched these forums for help, but knowone seems to have my problem. Its probably a simple solution but im really new with this stuff. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-18-2007, 01:03 PM
Hellacool

Default RE: HPI MT2 Tuning Problem!

ORIGINAL: |3laze

Hey. I recentaly purchased an HPI Nitro MT2 and I am having problems with tuning. I will start to accelerate and when i get to the point im almost full throttling, the engine cuts. It doesnt cut fast, it makes like a low pich noise and if i let go of throttle it doesnt die. But it will if i keep holding throttle. This means that im flooding the engine right? Well i was just wondering if anyone can tell me how many turns to turn the HSN from stating posistion and the LSN from flush. Ive searched these forums for help, but knowone seems to have my problem. Its probably a simple solution but im really new with this stuff. Thanks in advance.
Ok, I have been messing with mine for quite sometime so I am getting it. The first thing I would suggest is to make sure the throttle linkage is correct. This is very important before you start making adjustments. Basically pull the aircleaner off and ensure that about 1mm of opening is visible when the throttle is at nuetral. Also make sure that you are getting WOT when you pull your trigger back. Once you know these settings are good, adjust your idle. I have mine a 1/4 turn decrease from the car engaging the clutch. It is a bit high but seems to help in starting mine. Once you have the idle set, zero the cars highspeed needle and lowspeed needle. The high speed should be 3 full turns out from close. The low speed should be flush. With that done, fuel up the car, start it, let it idle about 30 seconds and floor it. See how it responds. It should be a bit sluggish because factory settings are rich. Give the HSN 1/8 turn in and repeat. Once the car has smooth accelaration, good top speed and good smoke at WOT your HSN is set. Now the LSN can be touchy. Make very small adjustments if any. Basically leaning the LSN will help give you some good low end grunt. only turn about 1/32 in at a time. Be warned that the LSN will lean out the HSN so it is touch and go. Since I am not racing I leave the LSN pretty much stock and enjoy the consistent runs.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:13 PM
|3laze

Default RE: HPI MT2 Tuning Problem!

thanks a lot man. i busted my throttle lever couple days ago so i need to fix that and ill go over your steps to tune it up.thanks again