Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Reload this Page >

Hobbico Extra 300s help

Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

Hobbico Extra 300s help

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2003, 06:39 AM
llandons

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobbico Extra 300s help

I just bought this plane and I am looking for any tips it seems like a very very strong plane but yet I don't like how flimsy it seems especially in the landing gear.
Old 02-06-2003, 06:54 AM
RCLIVIN
My Feedback: (46)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

llandons:
If this is the awarf, the red, white & blue extra for 60 size engines I can tell you the the gear is very weak. I took an old gear from an 80" extra & cut smoothed & shaped it for the hobbico, worked well. other than the sticky shelf paper it was covered with it was a pretty good plane. actually after making my first successful flight with a homemade trainer i built it was my next plane. I wasn't quite ready for it but I did pretty good with it. very fast flyer & does not want to slow down for landing.

Gil
Old 02-06-2003, 01:55 PM
Edwin
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had one for almost a whole season. Got carried away having too much fun. But anyway, I bought mine used. The landing gear had been beefed up with extra ply inside the fuse and 4 1/4" nylon bolts holding it on. Never had any problem except when my fault, landing a little too hard. It had an OS .91 with a 12x8 prop on it. Way too small, it wouldnt slow down on landings and ended up doing a little damage (see above). Eventually settled on a 14x7 and it was a whole different plane, much much better. My advice would be to tone down the controll throws a bit until you're used to it. Mine was a ton of fun. Best value for the money out there. Dont like the shelf paper covering but that can be remedied if you're up to it. Strip it off and recover with what you want. I would just fly it and have fun.
Edwin