Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Who else is going to Perry, and what are you taking?

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Who else is going to Perry, and what are you taking?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2003, 07:39 PM
psk560
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who else is going to Perry, and what are you taking?

Also going to perry. Taking a byron pipe dream with us engine 25 and all servos, cg chipmunk with st90 and all servos and an IMP Fw 190 kit almost
completed. I'm looking for a cg extra 300 kit
or partial build and some gas motors.

Craig
Old 02-21-2003, 10:54 PM
eddiej
My Feedback: (1)

Hi Wagas: Here are some of the kits I'll be taking to Perry:: Carden: 30% Cap 232, 33% Cap 232 Ohio r/c Cap 232 70in wing Precision Cut Skybolt 78in wing, PrecisionCut Starduster 72in wing, Jerry Bates 1/5 scale Bearcat, Andy Sheber 1/3 Scale Pitts S2A 80in wing, Yellow Acft Cap 10, Lanier Giles 202 97in wing, Midwest T-6 with retracts, plus a lot more. Clearing out the shop If anyone has any questions you can email me at [email protected]
Old 02-22-2003, 03:06 AM
Aerohead
My Feedback: (37)

Default Guess what?

Hey guys, I know this is off-subject, but I am about to bust to tell somebody about it. I got to fly a real SNJ today. For those not familiar with the SNJ, it is the navy version of the AT-6 WWII advanced trainer. The one the pilots learned aerobatic flying in before going off to fight the war in their Warhawks, Mustangs, Lightenings, Jugs, etc. I answered an ad for Topdogs, who were ending up a weeks stay in Bainbridge, Georgia. For $270, I got a half-hour (yes, I know it's expensive) flight in the SNJ. Right after the wheels left the runway and the gear went up, the pilot let me take the stick, and for the rest of the time, except when he was demonstrating a manuever, I was the pilot-in-command. He would demonstrate a maneuver, then I would do it. We did aileron rolls, a couple of loops, and a hammerhead. My stomach had a little trouble staying up with the action, but given the circumstances I did okay. Before you guys start laughing, shaking your heads, I had already discussed with the pilot that I am a licensed pilot with a couple hundred hours in Cessna 172's, so it wasn't as if he turned the plane over to a total beginner. I was, though, to say the very least, in HOG HEAVEN. The plane handles wonderfully, which was totally unexpected. It was very smooth and responsive and not nearly as loud as I thought it would be. I may never again get the opportunity to fly a plane like this again, but it was an opportunity to realize a life-long dream and I'll never forget it. I just hope that all you guys reading this get to have as fulfilling an experience some time in your lifetime. Thanks for listening to my rave. See you in Perry. Look me up and I'll bend your ear all you want about it.

RCU Moderators: I know this is off-topic, but please leave it on here for a little while.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	57313_15698.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	33199  
Old 02-22-2003, 03:52 AM
LEVER

Default AEROHEAD at PERRY

Well I guess Aerohead will be easy to recognize at Perry after that SNJ ride...He's the one with that big grin that wont go away. (I wanted to say stiffy but thought it may be censored)
Old 02-22-2003, 04:46 AM
Aerohead

Default Amen brother!

Yeah, leverjm, neither one is gonna go away any time soon. I'm editing my previous post to include a pic of the SNJ. The guy on the wing is the pilot (a great guy). If I were in the picture all you would see is teeth!
Old 02-22-2003, 02:09 PM
fwman1
My Feedback: (22)

I'll be bringing a NIB (mounted only) ST2300 with NIB Perry 5001 carb. Also a ST2500 just broken in. A Merco .60 and a few dollars looking for some kits to build or trade for. Specifically looking for Flair DR-VII, or Balsa USA Eindecker 90 or Taube 90, Saito 150, and a 90 size four-stroke of some brand. I'll be there Saturday, so if you want to meet then send me an email. This is one of the most fun day of the year for me, even if I don't sell or buy a thing. Drive safely!
Old 02-23-2003, 02:49 PM
MahaloDan1
My Feedback: (3)

Default Going To Perry

Hi Guys,
I'll Be going to perry. Not sure how much stuff I am bringing but I have 8 tables in the big building. May not use all of them.
Dan Rich
Old 02-23-2003, 03:43 PM
matt mccurry
My Feedback: (7)

Default tables

Dan.
I will gladly buy two tables from you if you have extras.
Thanks ,
Matt
Old 02-25-2003, 12:58 AM
Aerohead

Default Air Force Museum

Are any of you guys planning to go over to the AF Museum over in Warner Robins during your visit? I here it is well worth checking out. I think there is a link to it on the SMS web site.
Old 02-25-2003, 02:03 AM
jetlag

Warner-Robbins AFB Museum is awesome! Be sure to check out the SR-71 in one of the hangars. The place is even open on Sunday! Free!
Old 02-25-2003, 03:40 AM
LEVER

Default Warner Robbins Museum

Aerohead, the museum is a must for our road trip, usually hit it on Saturday but with the changes made for the opening times at Perry We decided to do it on Sunday....Great Photo opportunities and like Jetlag pointed out it's free but a donation is welcome. :thumbup:
Old 02-25-2003, 12:09 PM
psk560
My Feedback: (12)

Wow, They are talking about a nice day for Perry on the weather channel. I haven't seen that in....., well, i haven't seen that.

http://www.weather.com/weather/detail/USGA0441?dayNum=4
Old 02-25-2003, 01:48 PM
LEVER

Default The weather in Perry

PSK560, It's all a cruel trick of the Gods. I have already applied the "Rainex" To the bus windshield. It will rain this weekend in Perry! My question is will there be sleet and snow? Should we get up a lottery and place bets? Could earn some much needed airplane cash. p.s. I'm still begging for a spare table, anyone?
Monday's thread will read: Who got wet in Perry and were you able to sneak that new warbird past the wife?
Old 02-25-2003, 09:41 PM
jetlag

That last part of Leverjm's post is THE most important.
Let us not forget the GREAT DEAL we got on that 40% Carden,
or the 3W-150 that was "had" for $250. Just don't leave the mags around for her to read while on the throne! And of course the obligatory "honey, got to sell so I can turn it around and buy more--it's already spent...." at perry!
Old 02-27-2003, 01:54 AM
Loopman
My Feedback: (195)

Default Yep! We'll be there too!

Didn't get an inside table so will be setting up outside: Will have several planes, servos, kits:

a: NIB Stengel Enterprises Profile Corsair
b: Bisson Pitts muffler fits a ST2300
c. New ST2300 carb kit
d. Various servos
e. Electric flight stuff
f. Sig 4-40, used but flyable
g. In the bones Balsa USA "Phaeton 90" 1st class construction!
h. Dynaflite Chipmunk - Silver, needs work
i. Robart struts - Fits giant scale mustang type warbird
j. Props
k. RTF Corsair!!! Awesome
l. NIB Dynatron starter
m. other stuff

See y'all there!

LOOPMAN
h.
Old 02-27-2003, 03:53 AM
rookie8

While you are at the Robins Museum, go to the Gift shop and take a look at the Aeronca hanging from the ceiling. I have over 50 hours flying it. It used to belong to a friend of mine, but it was in baaaadd shape when he got it. We repaired a broken spar in the right wing, replaced the leading edges, and wing tip bow,and recovered the whole plane. He sold it several years ago, and the guy he sold it to donated it to the museum.
Old 02-27-2003, 01:10 PM
pahtreek

Our club reserves 20 tables each year. We are usually in the McGill bldg. I am at least buying a Fuji 50 engine from someone I know. I hope to find a set of floats for my 1/3 scale balsa USA cub. I would also like to find the on board electric starter that fuji makes.
I usually also replace all my batteries each year. I am also going to try my hand at marketing some control horns, they are made out of 661 alum. and are designed to counterbalance the surface to take the load off the servo and to eliminate flutter.
I'm crossing my fingers
See you all there...I cant wait much longer!!!
Old 02-27-2003, 01:32 PM
G.F. Reid

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

While on my way to work this morning (4:30am) I passed a pickup truck with a camper shell. The bed was filled to the roof with RC planes in different stages of completion.
That tells me that my instinct was right. The deals that used to take place on Friday before the crowds got there on Saturday, are now taking place on Thursday and Friday am.
The folks that get there Saturday will get the leavin's... Oh well, on the bright side, I guess the prices may come down at the end of the day on Saturday when it comes time to pack everything up.
Old 02-27-2003, 02:56 PM
cattrell

I am ready to go....!!!!!
Leaving at the crack of dawn tomorrow, hope to be there about 1 or 2.
I am bringing:
31.5% Lanier Staudacher w/ Brisson 5.8
H9 Edge 540
Century Hawk 4
Big Stick 60
Aspire Glider
Fantrainer

Whatever else I can find laying around!!

I will be in McGill K1 and 2

Cant wait!!!
Old 02-27-2003, 03:30 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

The
Georgia Aircraft Modelers Association, Inc.
P.O. Box 140
Warner Robins, Georgia 31099
presents

The Southeastern Model Show
"R/C Modeling Extravaganza"
at the

Georgia National Fairgrounds and Agricenter, Perry, Georgia
on
Friday & Saturday, 28 Feb -1 Mar 2003

The show goes on as scheduled, rain or shine!

Friday set up 12:00 P.M. til 5:00 P.M. Gates open Friday for main event 5:00 - 10:00 P.M. Saturday 7:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M.
Raffles, Flying and Boat Demonstrations, Indoor Flying Demo's, Indoor Fly-In Friday Evening, Exchange Meet, Exhibitors, Building sessions for kids by Freedom Flight on Saturday, MECA Collecto, Boat & Flying Demonstrations. Flying Demonstrations scheduled for Saturday at 10:00 AM and 2:00 PM on the fairgrounds.
Tables $10, Admission $7.00 Both Days, $6.00 Saturday only, kids $2.50.
Located at the Georgia National Fairgrounds & AgriCenter, exit 135 Interstate 75, 100 miles south of Atlanta, Georgia, 135 miles north of the Florida border.
All tables must be reserved and paid for in advance. Do not! send advance payment until you have received confirmation of your table numbers! Contact: Norm Deputy 478-328-2689 or preferred, [email protected] for table reservations.

Click here to view the Southeastern Model Show 2003 show flyer!
Click here to view table availability and Payment Status!
Click here to view the table layout for the McGill Building at the Agricenter!
Click here to view the table layout for Heritage Hall at the Agricenter!

Note: When making reservations by e-mail, please include the number of tables you want to reserve and your full name, address, and phone number. You will receive e-mail confirmation of your reservations and table assignment numbers. Included in this confirmation will be instructions for payment and other information or news about the show.

If you need RV Reservations, please contact the Agricenter directly at (In Georgia) 1-800-987-3247 (Outside Georgia) 1-478-988-6557, or reserve online at http://www.gnfa.com/

Tune in to 95.5 FM as you enter the fairgrounds for model show information, broadcast on our own low-power FM station.
Old 02-27-2003, 04:21 PM
G.F. Reid

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, maybe I won't miss out on too much if they truly don't set up until noon tomorrow. Seeing that guy this morning (Thursday) kinda made me feel like I was missing two days of deals.
Wx looks like it may be halfway decent with any luck.