Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

G26 Vent line

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 11:00 PM
Checklst

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G26 Vent line

Hey guys, I'm installing the tank in a H9 120 LITE FOR THE g26. I am at the vent stage and was wondering(first gas engine) how the vent line should be installed.....I have seen some the curl around on top of the tank ect.....and also wondered if the vent should exit the plane higher,lower or center line of tank on the fuse side.

Should I lupe the vent line ?
Exit Center, higher, or lower than tank?

Thanks guys in advance[8D]
Old 03-02-2007, 12:05 AM
silent flight

Default RE: G26 Vent line

How many lines are you using? I nomally use 3. #1 fill, #2 to carb/clunk, #3 overflow/vent. If the #3 line ends at a tube in the stopper that is fashioned to protrude into and end near the top of the tank it can tell you when your tank is full and also act as a vent.
so just run the end out the bottom of the cowl somewhere. Watch the tube when fueling and when fuel runs out tank is full. plug the line for transporting the model and be sure it is not plugged when flying. Works for me
Old 03-02-2007, 09:38 AM
Checklst

Thanks Silent .....I'm using a 3 line system.....It dawned on me last night why I have seen vent lines looped around on top of the tank in some of the planes I have seen. The large looping of the line before you exit out the fuse make it harder for gas to spill out the line with a full tank(without the engine running) example lifting and tilting it sideways off the bench with a full tank........don't want to cover my shoes with gas....LOL.........sometimes I have brain farts and can't see the forest for the trees.

Old 03-02-2007, 11:06 AM
jaycey

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am about to do exactly the same thing for the first time but with a 2 line setup, using a T peice in the feed line with a fuel dot. But I was wandering if theres any one way valves available for gas so I can set it up the same as my F3A planes. With another T peice on the vent side with fuel dot (for overflow) and a one way valve on the end so no fuel can escape but lets the tank breath.

Anyone seen a one way valve for gas?

Jason