Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Hobby shops in Atlanta?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2003, 08:46 PM
BUGGIES_R_US

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobby shops in Atlanta?

Hey guys, if any of you know of any hobby shops in the ALTANTA, GA are please hook me up with some information!

The only one I know of is HobbyTown USA up near Gwinett Mall and they dont have mugen parts.

Thanks
ram
Old 02-12-2003, 09:10 PM
packfan88
My Feedback: (2)

i lived in mariette for a few years. I used to go to a place on south cobb drive. I dont remember the name but it was a pretty big store with alot of stuff, so they are prolly still there. Its about 2 miles south of the cobb county tag office.
Old 02-12-2003, 09:13 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Try Winder Hobbies in Winder, Ga.
It is on Hwy 81 south of down town!
Old 02-13-2003, 06:54 AM
eddiedeverell

You have the best quarterback in the National Football League in Atlanta MICHAEL VICK!!!!!!!!
Thats cool, just wanted to let you know.
Old 02-14-2003, 12:16 AM
dbow
My Feedback: (1)

Default Hobby shops

There are a few places around but nothing is better than Hobby Town. The one spoken about above is the HobbyTown in Kennesaw. I think its the largest hobby town of them all and the largest hobby store in the South. The Duluth Hobby town is good but not as big as the other one.

There is also http://www.tfbraceway.com/ in the same general area as the Kennesaw Hobby town.
He has been around the hobby for about 11 years and has a good grip on racing and so forth.
There is a Indoor carpet track, Outdoor off road track and from what I understand a Nitro Touring asphalt track in the works.
There is also a fully stocked hobby shop, from what I understand he does a little bit of everything.

There is FUNTIME in Lilburn, he is somewhat new but specializes in planes. He does carry Monster trucks like the T-Maxx and cars also.
THere is an indoor carpet track and they do Nitro racing in the parking lot on Saturdays.
The owner has about 20 years in the hobby industry so there is no question he knows what he is doing. Very willing to help and instruct on the hobby. Very, Very few hobby shops have this kind of dedication to the hobby these days.
If you want support this is the place to buy your stuff.

FYI there will be a new club opening in the near future at the old Stone Mountain Airport. Everyone can get info at the Funtime store.
http://www.funtimehobbies.com
The website is still in the works but the address is on there if you want to stop by.

Bolink is in Suwanee http://www.bolink.com they have a hobby shop and a indoor carpet track. Check website for details.

Hobby Mart Near Peachtree corners, the guy is cool sometimes and specializes in cars. He is a little on the grouchy side and if you stop by you will see what I mean.
He does not keep a tremendous amount of parts in stock, so sometimes he has it, sometimes he dont. He will order for ya if thats what your looking for.

There is also the Sugarbowl near GA. mall, Its been a few months since I have been in there but they carry a lot of Mugen and Serpent on road parts. They also carry RC10GT parts and maybe some other stuff but like I said its been a while.
If you intend to go over there, you need to call first to make sure someone is there and will be there when you intend to go.
The website does have the store hours listed, but like I said call first. I would hate for anyone to drive out there and it be closed.
The Bowl does have an Off road track, Nice On road asphalt track, and a cement oval track. Check the site for racing schedule and such.

Winder Hobby was mentioned earlier, nice guy decent prices. I have not bee out there in quite some time.

um lets see ahh there is also B&B in Snellville right off of 78 and 124. He is back in the shopping center behind Mickey D's, He has been around for quite a while and If I remember correctly carries a lot of traxxas stuff. There is some variety and I thought his prices to be through the roof. But then what hobby shop isnt?

Thats about all I can think of right now.

Dbow
Old 02-14-2003, 02:40 AM
packfan88
My Feedback: (2)

its been bugging me ever since this post ...whats the name of the one on south cobb dr in smyrna/marietta ? it was like 3 miles from my house so i used to go there. and to kennesaw hobbytown ... so all you non-locals know the hobby town there in kennesaw ga. moved into an old movie theater to let you know how big it is ....last time i was there they had an indoor rc car track and an indoor slot car track ...awesome place ...huge....i remember when they were in the little store down the strip
Old 02-14-2003, 02:44 AM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Sounds like you are talking about National Hobby Supply. They are out of business
Old 02-14-2003, 03:15 AM
BUGGIES_R_US

Cool thanks!

Dan.. I was just gonna pm you later but thanks for the info! I lost a little part on my mugen.. part of the suspension.. gotta pick that up somewhere.. the only thing that comes close is a part from tamiya that costs 18 bucks at my LHS!
I'm gonna try the one in Kennesaw and see if they carry it.. its the little snap on thing that goes on the A arm
Thanks again for the info guys!
-ram