Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

aaaah..wuts wrong..please give me help

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

aaaah..wuts wrong..please give me help

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2003, 09:17 PM
kiwikoolxxxnt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aaaah..wuts wrong..please give me help

ok so i have a xxx-nt with a team orion .12 and every time i have started the car before it had started pretty well.but today after working on the engine(i just took it out to change the fly wheel and now it works and the piston is moving.) i cant get it started...i got it to start 2 times but after about 5 seconds it stalled then after about 2 seconds it stalled. i tried changin the needle settings but it wouldnt start at all.
Old 02-13-2003, 07:50 AM
buyrbware
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No problem

Remember, these engines are the easiest thing you'll ever work on. try these few steps and let me know the results.

1. check your tank pressure line and carbuartor line for the slightest pin hole tear or crack. the smallest hole while cause havock on your ability to keep the car running,

2. if the above is good take your high speed needle valve and completely close it, next locate your low end idle screw should be the small center screw at your carb linkage on the carb. turn that closed.

3. take a piece of fuel tubing connect it to the intake nipple of your carb. Blow into it steadily. As you do this back open your low end screw un till you hear a slight hiss from you blowing in the tube. (make sure your actual throttle barrel is closed) Once you hear the hiss stop.

4. Now take you needle valve high speed adjustment out 2 1/2 to 3 turns.

You have just set the initial adjustments,

5. check your glowplug and make sure it glows bright orange evenly. if it does try and start the motor now!

6. once it is running if it loads up a idle and dies slightly close the low end screw. once idle is achieved givit full throttle and adjust your high needle.

7. listen for the max rpm as you adjust the high. Make sure you have nice smoke coming out of the exhaust.

My 2 cents

Tom