Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

advice.......

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

advice.......

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 10:27 PM
Ryanrodfl6363lu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default advice.......

hey ever1, i have recently been very interested in a gasoline boat. i dont know anything about them... all i know is that i want one. and i dont want a nitro one! i race nitro buggy, but i would like soemthing that is lower maintenance and fun to run. so i was wanting to get a gas boat. well any advice or pointers would be great. where to buy one, or if anyone is selling one. let me know. it doesent have to be anyting too fancy, but i would like it to go in the mid 30s +. thanks,
Old 03-19-2007, 02:02 AM
soundguykaraoke50

Default RE: advice.......

HI, I HAVE SEVERAL BOATS ,45 TO BE EXACT,I'VE JUST PUT 3 OF THEM IN THE CLASSIFIED MARKET PLACE HERE.I'M GETTINGREADY TO PUT UP NICE PRATHER FUN CRUISER THAT HAS A 30cc HOMELIGHT MOTOR WITH A CLUCH THIS IS AIR COOLED LOW MAINTANANCE BOAT READY TO RUN.THIS IS COMPLETE WITH A RADIO.ALL THAT YOU NEED IS GAS AND BATTERYS .PRATHER MAKES A GREAT FIRST GAS BOAT.VERY USER FREINDLY.IF THIS INTERESTS YOU CALL ME DURING THE DAY AT MY HOME#410-633-4443.I'M GOING TO LIST THIS TOMOROW MORNING FOR $600 PLUS SHIPPING.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:10 PM
Doubledog
My Feedback: (48)

Best boat ever built for the $'s spent. If you search around you can find them used for around half price.

[link=http://whobbies.com/superg.htm]Enforcer SUPER G'[/link]
Old 03-19-2007, 04:21 PM
Ryanrodfl6363lu

thats what i was lookin at. it looks sweet. are these things fairly low maintenance? i know that there is going to be some maintenance, but when i say low maintenance i mean compared to a nitro car or truck. i want something that is reliable, and easy to run. no flaming out, and tunning, that kinda stuff.
Old 03-19-2007, 05:36 PM
02f350psd
My Feedback: (3)

gas will always have less maintenance than nitro. and yes, they super g is pretty low, just grease the cable, add fuel mix and go. they are good boats for the money!
Old 03-19-2007, 05:41 PM
MrMikeG

Are you going to run in fresh or salt water? Salt water has a lot more maintance.
Old 03-19-2007, 07:13 PM
Flabum

ORIGINAL: MrMikeG

Are you going to run in fresh or salt water? Salt water has a lot more maintance.
I think that point is a little irrelevant since all boats would be more maintenance in saltwater use. ( hope that didn't seem too arrogant )

Any of the Wharehouse Hobbies boats RTR would be a great starter boat.
Old 03-19-2007, 08:50 PM
Ryanrodfl6363lu

it is understandable that salt water use would be more maintenance. really what i am getting at is that i am looking for something that i can mess with when im not racing my 1/8 scale buggy. racing is my pasion, and i also love boats and water, so i would like something that will consistantly be able to be run without having to dump a lot of cash into it all the time in order to keep it running. these boats seem pretty easy to operate and maintain, and they are look like a blast too! i will look into gettin a used one. thank for all the help. any other comments are welcomed.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:27 PM
MrMikeG

ORIGINAL: Flabum

ORIGINAL: MrMikeG

I think that point is a little irrelevant since all boats would be more maintenance in saltwater use. ( hope that didn't seem too arrogant )

Any of the Wharehouse Hobbies boats RTR would be a great starter boat.

Too a point but he was asking "if they we're low maintance" I personnally think running in Salt water is high maintance, however I have seen plenty of others just run and put them away. Kind of like the buggy guys that put them away covered in mud and wonder why they rust! I would run a boat with a cowl in salt water to block out the spray, which in turn would determine what I was purchasing.
I like Warehouse hobby's boats to but it will never be a racer, Jacksonville has a few racers who I'm sure would welcome a new guy. Boats are just like buggy's, one is fun but running with a few others is better.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:52 PM
Ryanrodfl6363lu

ya i agree with that. but like i said, i like racing my buggy. i dont want to get into another hobby that i am going to have to be deticated to. just something to enjoy messing with in between state races. something that is cheap to run, and wont take away from racing buggy. and maybe i would find a group of guys to run with at some point...

it is extremely difficult to find a super g on ebay. and i am assuming that ENFORCER is the brand?
Old 03-19-2007, 11:35 PM
hdking46

you just missed a enforcer super sport on ebay. keep watching i just purchased a manta ray by enforcer off rc forum for $500 rtr he was asking $675, keep looking i waited a month for a good deal ......
Old 03-20-2007, 12:07 AM
MrMikeG

This would make a good first boat too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...6296&rd=1&rd=1

Not mine but Jim is available for comment!
Old 03-20-2007, 01:27 AM
fastguy
Banned

i like that boat j'aime la radio controled des bateaux de gaz
Old 03-20-2007, 04:39 AM
Doubledog
My Feedback: (48)

You keep talking about maintenace. The basics for running most any RC boat are:

After run:
drain any water
Remove flex shaft.
wipe down good
spray WD40 liberally.
I like to keep it removed until the day before going to play.

Check radio box, make sure its still dry. Maybe remove batteries for a charge if needed.

Before run:
Check radio equipment
charge batts
LUBE the flex shaft
Make sure the nuts & bolts are tight.
gas & go.

Thats about it for after run, unless you're going to let it sit for a long time you might consider a shot of WD40 and pull the cord to let it seep in good. I like to start mine and then flood it out with WD40 for a last run.