Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

look at this

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 07:27 AM
nitro_man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default look at this

hey im lookin" to make an intake but i need some ideas. please post some ideas and pics.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:27 PM
almtx3

Default RE: look at this

Hey nitro man! I know you said you wanted to make it but you might find this interesting. Check out the link for this K&N Filter for rc cars. It says it will fit .12 .15 & .21 engines. Not sure if you want to fab your own but here is one option. Never used one so cant tell you much about it. There is a thread about a similar intake that someone made and it looks cool. You might want to read that thread and see what everyone has to say about these types of filters.

http://cgi.ebay.com/K-N-RC-Air-Filte...QQcmdZViewItem

Good Luck!
Old 03-22-2007, 03:20 PM
nitro_man

sweet
Old 03-22-2007, 08:48 PM
thedub88

I know you already saw this

I found some rubber hose that best fit the carb. I took the crayola marker and hollowed it out with a drill, and drilled a hole into the side of the marker at one end. I superglued a peice of the rubber hose over the hole in the marker. When the glue dried I painted the intake black then attached the filter using a hose clamp. Another hose clamp hold the hole thing down.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63339.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	143.4 KB
ID:	647773  
Old 03-23-2007, 09:59 AM
almtx3

ORIGINAL: thedub88
I took the crayola marker and hollowed it out with a drill, and drilled a hole into the side of the marker at one end.
thedub88 - That is some ingenious stuff right there! Looks cool as heck man, hows it working out?
Old 03-23-2007, 12:12 PM
thedub88

It works good I think. I never really did a before and after. I know it gets more air than stock. Without touching any needles, the first time I started it with the new intake, the engine raced and I had to lower the idle. Being on the cold side of the car the air that comes in is more dence which makes more power.
Old 03-23-2007, 02:24 PM
nitro_man

sweet lol