Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Idea for stuffing tube?

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Idea for stuffing tube?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 12:16 AM
darrentpi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Idea for stuffing tube?

Hi guys, new to forum, and need advice from the pros, as I just purchased a used 1/8 scale 43" Hydro, RTR.
I work with alot of plastic tephlon air line, of all shapes and sizes. Would the idea, of replacing the brass tube for plane air line work. It would be a bit flexable, but I believe this type of air line is made up of UHMW type of plastic, which is very awesome for self lubrication. Correct me if Im wrong! Or is this what tephlon is?
Also, any methods of bending, as I need to redo the brass tube, too a nice S curve.
Thanks
DA
Old 03-30-2007, 02:12 AM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Idea for stuffing tube?

you can run the teflon liner in a brass or aluminium tube but you still need one or the other to hold the flex cable a teflon liner alone is not good.me personally id just use aluminium or brass whichever you can get and wouldnt bother with a liner its just one more thing to go wrong.ive just installed an aluminium tube in my new build with a brass bearing at the engine end as brass wasnt as easy to get hold of and if its ok for a uk champion its ok for me.to bend the tube you need to do it with the cable in the tube to avoid kinks!!.
Old 03-30-2007, 06:12 PM
TERBObob
My Feedback: (21)

Also, any methods of bending, as I need to redo the brass tube, too a nice S curve
An "S" curve in a hydro ????? Why ?
Also , if you used that in a MONO ( deep vee ) , then using just a teflon liner is ok , as long as youo glass in the butt end ( near transom ) and the front end ( where the flex exits to meet the engines collet )
Old 03-30-2007, 06:49 PM
edmkills

Bob the "S bend" might have stemmed from this thread.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5625405/tm.htm