Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Not shifting into 3rd

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 04:52 PM
Vintage_Duff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not shifting into 3rd

i recently bought a pre assembled 3 speed and when i got it i pulled it apart and adjusted the 2nd grub screw (the bottom one) so it shifts early.
so i droped the 3 speed into my SS an when i was testin it for the shift i heard the 1st shift but not the 2nd.
the manual for the 3 speed said just adjust the 1 grub screw and dont touch the top one. does the 2nd grub screw can the 2nd shift point?

also im running the stock nitrostar .25 which is not in its best condition since it has had like 20 ltrs through it so the compression isnt new hehe so maybe im not getting the rpm for it to shift into 3rd?

thanks
Old 04-02-2007, 02:24 AM
Vintage_Duff

Default RE: Not shifting into 3rd

BUMP

im still stuck on this =(
Old 04-02-2007, 03:41 AM
l3asher

Best was to figure where you at is to.. Turn the 2nd to 3rd shift screw all the way in. This will allow you to see what gear your in. Next turn the 1st to 2nd screw to where you think it needs to be and run it. If it doesn't shift then you need to back it out and try again and again untill you have 1st and 2nd down. Now you ready to mess with 2nd and 3rd from the outside. Hope tis helps.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:38 AM
black mamba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You kinda created this problem yourself. The 3spd trans doesn't need to have the shift points adjusted for the .25 engine...it was originally designed for it. Put the shift points back to stock and you should be fine. As for it not hitting 3rd, make sure your tune isn't too rich...that will prevent it from shifting properly.