Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Sprint 2 RTR

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 11:07 AM
KrayzBIGmac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sprint 2 RTR

Okay, The Sprint 2 is a great car. When you do the diff housing mod, it will allow dirt and/or pebbles to just pass right around the differential. You should also do it for the front if you haven't already. Nothing gets stuck once you do the mod. I did a little rally action to test it out and I was perfectly fine, except the fact that it took a while to clean. So please do not under estimate the Sprint 2, or even belt cars.

Also, using a brushless is not overkill, maybe something lower than a 8.5 is overkill. Because I drifted with guys that used the Novak 4300 and 5800. I also used a 5800 on my Sprint 2. It handles really nicely and could take pretty much any turn.

If you are having trouble deciding though a yokomo or sprint 2, its basically on how you like to drift. But the thing with the yokomo, you have to be loaded cause I heard the yokomo parts are expensive to replace and then u also need to buy the electronics. Sprint 2 comes with everything, all you would need to change is the charger and battery if you wanted to.

If you want a drift setup, I say go with a front one-way and lock the rear differential.
Old 03-31-2007, 11:05 PM
SoulSoldier

Hey I just got my Sprint 2 and a little rock got jammed right up against the rear diff housing and the belt. It shaved off half of the side of the belt and half of the side from the rear diff![:@] And it was my first time riding it and non of my local shops have any of the parts in stock. So I need your help with the diff mod. I don't know exactly what to do. I'm looking at getting a HPI Ball Differential Maintenance Set, because my rear diff definatly needs to be replaced, and a HPI Front One-Way Differential 32T, just to make it complete. If this all I need for the rear diff mod. I want to be able to race and drift. I already have the HPI drifting tires. Will this this upgrades take way from racing and just turn it into a drift car? Will the HPI Ball Differential Maintenance Set allow me to lock my diff? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm new to RC cars.
Old 04-05-2007, 07:36 PM
KrayzBIGmac

This is not my car, this is Ryuushiro's.

All you need to do is get a dremel or saw, and cut the to parts that cover up the diff in the rear. You should also do it in the front just to be safe. Cut it like how it is in the pic.

And yes the Maintanence will be able to get locked.
Old 04-07-2007, 01:31 PM
Kevin Greene
My Feedback: (85)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here are a couple pics of my son's rebodied Sprint 2---I got it for him to improve his eye-hand coordination as he has a lazy eye that needs exercising--He's 6 years old...You can't start 'em too young!!! The car is WONDERFUL and can really take a beating as you know a six year old can dish out---Not bad performance either for a RTR!!!

Kevin
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db84562.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	659028   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg18112.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	659029