Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

What a difference fuel makes!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 12:48 PM
tecmec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What a difference fuel makes!

Wow, I just finished putting my first gallon of fuel through my Savage and needed to buy more. But this time I had heard of a newly opened LHS which specializes only in RC cars (awesome!). The shop that is been in town for ages is where I bought my first gallon, and all they carry is powermaster...so thats what I got. So anyway, this time around I thought maybe I would check out this new shop. They carry 4 different brands of fuel; Trinity, Losi, Traxxas (ew), and one other that I can't remember the name of right now (but it was nothing great). So naturally I bought the Trinity, 20% Monster fuel. Man! Is this stuff amazing or what!?! I know everyone here seems to rave about O'Donnell and Byron's (and I'm sure they are great, but I cant buy any in town), but man, Monster is amazing too. The engine starts, idles, and just overall runs waaaaay better now!

Just thought I'd share
Old 04-12-2007, 01:34 PM
regg151

Default RE: What a difference fuel makes!

fuel can make a huge difference in how well your engine runs.
Odonnells runs great I'm just not happy with the sludge that drips out of the pipe when your done that stuff reeks.
Byron's I've had mixed results with some gallons run great others not so great.
Traxxas runs OK I like to use it to break in my engines due to the high oil content but that's about it.
Blue thunder race is actually pretty decent stuff just not fond of blue engine internals.
White Lightning By far the best fuel I've ever used period to bad they discontinued it, rumor has it the new blue thunder HP8 is white lighting with coloring added I have yet to test it.
Trinity monster horsepower is also good stuff
losi nitrothane I have yet to try but have heard positive things about it so far.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:10 PM
kurtf5

ORIGINAL: regg151

fuel can make a huge difference in how well your engine runs.
Odonnells runs great I'm just not happy with the sludge that drips out of the pipe when your done that stuff reeks.
Ive ran O'Donnell 20% RTR and 25% Racing blend, neither have that sludge you describe, you sure you clean your engine regularly?
Old 04-12-2007, 02:34 PM
regg151

yes the engines were cleaned regularly, perhaps sludge was the wrong terminology, it was the brown oily residue that dripped out of the pipe after a long day of running, it smelled rancid and would drip out after sitting for a while unless you plugged the pipe not to mention the exhaust I found to be more noxious then anything else I've used so far. And no I don't make a habit of sniffing exhaust fumes just the hazards of tuning and engine during a race.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:54 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The LHS I went to today offered me a liter of the new LRP fuel with %37 nitro for 10 bucks.. Didn't even have a label on it, as it was sent to retailers for testing...

Thought about it actually to use on my Hot Bodies Lighting GT(underpowered Force 26)....