Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

ram 750 f auto start FLAMES

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

ram 750 f auto start FLAMES

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 09:58 AM
CESARQUERO
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ram 750 f auto start FLAMES

good mornig friends of rcu, today i have a question for this comunity, i experiment a problem with my ram 750 f auto start, the turbine start and complete the ignition sequence with no problem, but when i thorthle up the problem start, flames are coming out and a pop pop sound, the turbine spin freely so please help me.

thanks in advance

Cesar Quero
Old 04-17-2007, 10:39 PM
Ruizmilton
My Feedback: (29)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: ram 750 f auto start FLAMES

Cesar:

I have a 750f converted from airstart to auto start, is yours a conversion too? If your turbine spins freely I would recomend you check your fuel ring to make sure it's not blocked on any of it's needles, I usually do this by running a starting sequence with the turbine back towards a mirror or doing it at night and looking at the turbine from the back, do not allow the start to complete, just allow the fuel ramp to start, you should look for even flames all around the combustion chamber, if they are not even, your turbine will not accelerate properly and the combustion will move oustide the chamber towards the exhaust cone. If you find this is the issue I reccomend sending the turbine to Carlos at RTI, I would not recommend you dissasemble it yourself. What ECU are you using? the standard RAM? I converted to a Nades FADEC.

Milton
Old 04-18-2007, 01:54 PM
CESARQUERO
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the ram ecu version is co3, and i have the same turbine 750f
cesar quero
Old 04-18-2007, 03:36 PM
Crazy4Flight
My Feedback: (540)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would recomend Modellbau USA for service.

you wont have to pay twice

http://www.modellbau-usa.com/catalog/index.php