Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > CEN Racing
Reload this Page >

broken shift lever for gst

Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

broken shift lever for gst

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 05:48 PM
bajamaniac69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default broken shift lever for gst

Hey guys .....I was out this morning trying to get my GST started since I put my roto start in............

I went to start it turned on my radio ,then my truck....SNAP !!!!!! my shift lever broke off.......any ideas on how to get started replacing it ,it cracked at the base in the tranny where it screws in from the the servo arm??????

Any help would be great I am new to rc nitro and pretty intimidated at taking apart this beast!!!

thanks in advance!!!!

John
Old 04-22-2007, 06:20 PM
nomobux
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: broken shift lever for gst

Looking from the top of a Gen LE, does the shift arm face towards to the front of the truck for forwards .......... or towards the rear ?? Dumb ?, I know, but never paid a mind to it. Don't even ask !!! thanx
Old 04-22-2007, 06:28 PM
bajamaniac69

Im not sure if I understand your question???? The lever goes in from the top of the tranny!!! It screws into it. the lever snapped so not sure if its poited uo for (forward) or back for reverse.
Old 04-23-2007, 01:14 AM
.46NitroAddict

Hi Guys,

nomobux , you first!
On the LE, which is the same as the GST except for the MTM brakes & tranny housing (internals are exactly the same), looking from the top down, lever pointing towards the rear (motor) is foward. Inversly, lever pointing towards the front is reverse.

amercnchopz34, now for your problem. (I assume that you mean the black plastic part that comes up out of the tranny, that the chrome arm screws in to?)

If it's still in warranty then it's time to make a claim!

If not, a $7- part will fix it!
Click [link=http://206.188.200.166/index.asp?PageAction=QUICKORDER2&Category=51]Here[/link], you will need part [link=http://206.188.200.166/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=332]#GS069[/link].
As for fitting it I suggest you study your manual well before starting this, if you haven't already done so. Because, you need to remove the complete center transmission from your GST. So that you can split it in half, to allow you to fit the new Shift Lever Set (GS 069).
I know it sounds daunting, but it's not as bad as it sounds. I've just done exactly what you need to do (I replaced the oil in my center diff). Main thing is to compare how it came apart, with the manual,. So if you forget, when it come time to reassemble, you can compare it to the manual for reference & get it right the first attempt! If you want you can also lay it on the bench in the order it al came out.

The following order may help:-
You may want to take the rear end off first (9 screws - complete unit - shocks, diff rear wheels & rear chassis plate), then slide out the rear tranny output shaft.
Remove the roll bar/handle (4 screws with nuts), you might have to take the muffler off, (from the black silicone coupling forard, + 1 grub screw in the chrome rod at front of muffler & 1 screw on the inside of the chassis).
Remove the eclip from the front telecscopic shaft - at the tranny end, & pull out the pin. Mark the brake servo horns location (with radio & r/c turned on - so you know where to put it back) & unscrew the horn (1 screw) & lift it off the servo, & slide the brake rods out of their eyelets, on the tranny.
From the top looking down, GST facing foward (away from you), remove the right side chassis side frame (15 remaining screws), remove the screws trom the tranny on the muffler side(4), & remove the tranny from her home.
Now undo the chrome screws holding the tranny casing together (6 screws), & gently seperate the casing. Keeping all the shafts etc., in the motor side of the casing.
Now you can replace the broken shift lever set.
Re-Assembly is in the same order! (accept in reverse).

You may want to check the adjustment of your foward / reverse lever, as it sounds like it make have too much pressure applied to it, when if operates.
Also pay particular attention to your gearbox / motor spur & pinion mesh, as per the manual, when refitting.

Hope this helps, .46NitroAddict [>:]
Old 04-23-2007, 06:20 AM
bajamaniac69

it does help and thanks alot !!!!!!!! I will tackle this weekend!!!!!!

John
Old 04-23-2007, 06:37 AM
.46NitroAddict

Hey John,

No problems, Let us know how U go with it!

So where did your tag amercnchopz34 come from? Have u got a rod?

Regards,. 46NitroAddict [>:]
Old 04-23-2007, 06:45 AM
nomobux
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: .46NitroAddict

Hey John,

No problems, Let us know how U go with it!

So where did your tag amercnchopz34 come from? Have u got a rod?

Regards,. 46NitroAddict [>:]
Thanx for the info .... Yeh amercnhop .. got a rod ? I run a 32 3 window hi-boy