Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Reload this Page >

Need tips on installing control horns

Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

Need tips on installing control horns

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2003, 06:02 PM
hookedonrc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need tips on installing control horns

Here is my problem. It isn't with any particular plane or specifically to any control horn. I have the same problem with each one. I must be sorta blind. I have followed instructions to the letter on several installs to this point, but always have the same problem. I drill my 1/16" hole in the mounting are only to find that when I reach the other side, I am a little bit off center. Not much, but enough that my eyes can't see the small angle that I am drilling. Would like to have a drill press, but do not. After I get the first screw attached it is a chore to get the other two in perfectly so they will screw into the nylon backplate. I am almost ready to enlarge the holes and bolt them on. Right now I am frustrated and will not finish the horns on my US60 till I figure out what I can do to keep this from happening.

Any tips to gettng the line up just right would be appreciated.
Old 02-22-2003, 06:04 PM
Marino420TD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I often have the same problem. Any suggestions would be great.
Old 02-23-2003, 12:44 PM
hookedonrc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MarinoTD420: I did some further checking and found a thread that has some ideas to consider. I will try a couple and see which I like best. One will be the single hole dubro horn, and the one where you connect the screws to the base plate into the holes before tightening them down to the surface. The thread is not long and I encourage you to read through it. There are other suggestions that you might like to try. I have never added a URL to my replies so if the one I am going to put here does not work, it is in Tips and Techniques with the title: http://www.rcuniverse.com/showthread...+control+horns]