Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

tuned pipe newbee

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

tuned pipe newbee

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 03:08 AM
infinityteg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tuned pipe newbee

Hi all
i am in the process of getting a tuned pipe for my boats but am not too sure which one to get. have been looking at the BH hanson range
but not sure of header or which pipe. i have a scratch built jet sprint (almost finished) that has a weed eater in it at the moment. i have a stock g260 on the bench all i need is the mounts and pipe. The engine will be staying stock for some time. do i get a cone-cone pipe or a 2" belly pipe. having a look at the bh hanson site they say to use the cone-cone pipe with the wrap forward to aft header which is what im looking at or the 90* 2" rise header. i have also just ordered a expresscraft thunderbolt and once here the 260 will be going in that i know i need a 3" offset pipe. will the same pipe work?
sorry to blubber on but i really need help.

cheers
steven
Old 04-24-2007, 07:09 PM
team esp

Default RE: tuned pipe newbee

I have no experience with the Hanson pipes, but had a chance to get my Cooper pipe on the water today (WTC header/WTC pipe). It was very impressive and the sound of it was beautiful. Really quiet but still powerful sounding when opened up. If you have the room for one I'd chek them out.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:15 PM
w3bby

I'd look at the pipes from Prestwich in the UK, powerful and quiet without add ons. I run a CS 23 and a CS 24, pleased with both
[link=http://www.prestwich.ndirect.co.uk/gaspipes.htm]Prestwich[/link]
Old 04-24-2007, 07:15 PM
Flabum

The header depends on where you want the pipe to exit. A 90* will exit to the left at the transom, a 100* will exit center at the transom. A 2" band tuned pipe will serve you well with a stock 260.
With that boat, you will likely want a 100* header.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:16 PM
glennb2006

Hi Infinity,

this could go on - well - forever. Sorry.

Anyway, my experience with the Hanson pipe:

Quality: Good
Fit: Good
Power: OK
Service: First class (Every time)
Header: Good
Noise: Bad - very noisy pipe.

I had a "cone to cone" on my Zenoah, with the wrap forward header. The header is too long as standard by the way, you need to shorten a bit, but it does work.

I am now running a MUCH quieter pipe form Prestwich Models.

Good power and a load quieter.

You can get them in the States, Dave will post but I am guessing the exchange rate will make it an expensive buy.

Have not used a Cooper pipe but have heard nothing bad about them, and they say they are quiet- got to be worth a punt if you can get one.

Glenn