Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Need an Opinion.

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 08:02 PM
lpa12threh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need an Opinion.

I stripped a CB (XSS) because I landed and bent my chassis, or so I thought. So I replaced it with a new HPI racing clutch.

I did the paper thing with the gears and tightened it, let the threadlock sit for a day, and checked before I went out. There was just a little bit of play in the gears before running.

Then after an hour the CB gear was slightly worn down on the side that comes in contact with the spur gear.

Is it normal for the CB to wear down slightly after one hour?

Old 04-27-2007, 08:20 PM
savagemonte

Default RE: Need an Opinion.

well do you have a steel spur gear?i noticed mine had shown signs of wear after putting on a new cb,but I'd say that normal.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:43 PM
lpa12threh

Hardened 16tooth CB, and the stock steel 47t spur gear.

And yea, the whole side of the CB that comes in contact with the Spur is now silver.

My cousin has an identical truck and his is at least black on the very tips of the gears. Mine is silver there too.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:57 PM
C-Fraser..::HPI::..

no u shouldnt really c anywear if not none if ur running the hardened bell
just double check to make sure theres not to much play grab the CB hold it still and wiggle the spur gear there sould be like .5mm to 1mm if that on each side when u wiggle it
then it should be the perfect mesh
Old 04-27-2007, 09:02 PM
lpa12threh

Mesh seems fine. But if i put alot of pressure on the engine I'm able to move it just enough to make the fit too tight. I threadlocked it good and tightened it good and let it sit for a day.

If I'm able to flex it enough to change the mesh, then you'd think and harsh cartwheel could completely wreck the mesh for a couple seconds. So if it can flex on a crash and make the mesh too loose, then it could slightly strip it on the tips of the gear could it not.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:12 PM
lpa12threh

I've done numerous searches on RCUniverse, and found nothing related to clutch bells slowly wearing down. People bend the gears, strip them completely, but no one has had them slowly wear down.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:14 PM

i take a pare of pliers to grab the end of the allen key so i can get some leverage and get them super tight but ull need them to get the screws out to
Old 04-27-2007, 09:16 PM
lpa12threh

I did that before I ran it for the first time, and let it sit for a day after.

Don't tell me that the two times I bashed it hard, completely wrecked the set up.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:19 PM

dunno man r u running the stock x tvps cause if so check the Xs under the engine mount and make sure there fine
a lil bend will throw it right off or check then engine mount and all around there make sure its all good
Old 04-27-2007, 09:22 PM
lpa12threh

I guess i need a new chassis. One is slightly bent, but soooo slightly, and it's up by the servo arms. I guess that threw everything off. Well I'm done for like a month or something now.

That really sucks, because I really dont want the stock chassis (BTW they are the ones without the X under the engine). So it's gonna take half the summer to get Chronics. I live in Canada.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:41 PM

I live in canada to buddy its no problem getting things from chronic but i think there a witing list but give him a pm he should get back to u soon wat u could do is c if u can straightin it out and not jump just rip with it but dont if its gonna be off a bit dont wanna wrieck anything eles