Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > CEN Racing
Reload this Page >

gst 7.7 why is it so hard to start

Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

gst 7.7 why is it so hard to start

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 09:58 PM
devo208

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gst 7.7 why is it so hard to start

Why is my gst so hard to start. I've ran about 14 tanks and everytime it takes aleast 5mins. to start. Does anyone else have this problem. It keeps flooding out and the only way i can get it started is to losen the glow plug and thats after about 4 losing and tightings.I'm running 30% nitro and the highspeed needle is 3 1/2 turns from close, low speed is factory.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jg14193.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	671682  
Old 04-25-2007, 02:50 AM
efretwell

Default RE: gst 7.7 why is it so hard to start

make sure that you aren't flooding the engine when you prime it, it only takes me one or two rotations of the crank to prime the fuel to the carb, if you continue to prime after the fuel has traveled to the carb then you will flood the motor. I just rebuilt my motor and The first time I went to run it and break it in the truck started on the second pull, it is all about priming it the fuel just to the opening of the carb.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:26 PM
devo208

thanks i'll try that

Name:	Nk27864.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	672327  
Old 04-26-2007, 03:10 AM
MONAROMAN

Should start with a decent prime (as efretwell said to the carby only) unless your plug's stuffed or you have bugger all compression. What sort of glow plug are you running?
Old 04-27-2007, 11:27 AM
devo208

mccoy mc-8, what do you reccomend.

Name:	Wu60766.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	673271  
Old 04-27-2007, 06:38 PM
MONAROMAN

I have seen cen post that they recommend an os#8 or their cen#3 (I think its #3 - whatever comes stock), personally I run an os a5. And to be totally honest I prime to the carby and then a little bit more - like a second worth, just experience gained from blisters over the summer, now I'll usually get it fired with between 1 and 5 pulls.
Are you in cold ambients? If the motor is too cold may it need some help to get warm (hair dryer, heat gun) and it won't help if its too rich. I have read of people putting socks over some of or all of the cooling fins to get the engine up to temp
Old 04-27-2007, 08:38 PM
devo208

i got it now i dont know which one did it but i guess i was letting to much fuel into it cause fuel was coming out of the exhaust

Name:	Hf98052.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	673617  
Old 04-27-2007, 09:07 PM
The Real Dogman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good Job efretwel and Monaroman!!!! pegged his over rich condition!!!
Old 04-28-2007, 04:39 AM
splcrazy

i want to get the gst 7.7 but it seems that people are still having troubles with them .. i used to own the nemesis the blue and white one but returned it and got my money back after troubles with starting it and then beaking that **** pull start , but i want to try the gst7.7 the looks of it and its size keeps drawing me back in. The gst7.7 doesnt come with roto start so ill have to get that installed ... lol an engine that size should not be pull start .... I have alredy got a baja and for the price of the gst7.7 i could just buy another baja or upgrade the motor on it. I just have that feeling the gst7.7 will just be a nightmare just like the nemesis so i dont know
Old 04-28-2007, 08:09 AM
MONAROMAN

ORIGINAL: splcrazy

i want to get the gst 7.7 but it seems that people are still having troubles with them .. i used to own the nemesis the blue and white one but returned it and got my money back after troubles with starting it and then beaking that **** pull start , but i want to try the gst7.7 the looks of it and its size keeps drawing me back in. The gst7.7 doesnt come with roto start so ill have to get that installed ... lol an engine that size should not be pull start .... I have alredy got a baja and for the price of the gst7.7 i could just buy another baja or upgrade the motor on it. I just have that feeling the gst7.7 will just be a nightmare just like the nemesis so i dont know

To be honest mate it sounds like you had that baby for a couple of days, broke something so gave up. You will probably have the same issues again unless you approach things a bit differently, especially if you wanna bash it.
Old 04-28-2007, 08:23 AM
jombo

it seems people that break the pull start are not putting oil in the plug hole befor starting it. especially on a brand new engine ,always put 4 or 5 drops down to loosen up the piston. i have always done it and never had a pull start break, to this day both cen trucks still have a tight pinch and i still put a few drops to loosen it up, i think i got them in dec 2005.
Old 04-29-2007, 04:49 PM
devo208

i didnt brake my pullstart i just got tired of pulling it

Name:	Xs58067.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	674791