Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

New Build.. Aeromarine Conquest Cat...

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

New Build.. Aeromarine Conquest Cat...

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 05:39 AM
Lakefrontlivin
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Build.. Aeromarine Conquest Cat...

Good Guess though
The 105* header puts the pipe at the perfect exit point in the hatch.. Carmen at "Need for Speed" Hobbies will custom bend any header you want.
Yes, I think the Conquest is the same as an Avenger except the hatch is different and there is a small vent(air duct) in the front center of the deck.
Supposed to help stop the blowovers..
Later, Tom H.
Old 05-06-2007, 07:20 AM
bd323

Thanks Tom,

Was the 105* a cust header, if you had to do the header again would you use the 105* or change it some? I spoke to Al at BH and he spoke about going out the transom and he said he is waiting on a header and it sound nice but I'm now unsure about it and the exit location on the transom. How long is the pipe that you used as its length work well with the exit through the cowl. Is there any tricks that I should know to help with the build? Sorry for all the questions but the header/pipe is the final parts before the building starts. I thought I knew what I wanted but after seeing your I do like the pipe.

Brian
Old 05-06-2007, 07:56 AM
Lakefrontlivin

ORIGINAL: bd323

Thanks Tom,

Was the 105* a cust header, if you had to do the header again would you use the 105* or change it some? I spoke to Al at BH and he spoke about going out the transom and he said he is waiting on a header and it sound nice but I'm now unsure about it and the exit location on the transom. How long is the pipe that you used as its length work well with the exit through the cowl. Is there any tricks that I should know to help with the build? Sorry for all the questions but the header/pipe is the final parts before the building starts. I thought I knew what I wanted but after seeing your I do like the pipe.

Brian
Brian, The 105* header is a standard.. many people offer them. Iwould do the 105* again if I were building another one. You keep the look of the hatch and it doesn't look to bad coming out the center like it is. If you are looking for aheader to exit the transom after doing a 90* near the engine I have one of those. The advantage of having the 105* would be the adjustability of the pipe. I can make it longer for more torque or shorter for higher rpm's.
With a pipe exiting the transom you are limited with movement..
Will this be a play boat or Race?
What are you going with as far as hardware? Brand? Setback of rudder? Skegged strut?
Tom H.
Old 05-06-2007, 07:45 PM
bd323

Tom,

Thanks, as for hardware I ordered topsecret hardware. I left it to Bill at TS for the specs. This will mostly be for play but once comfortable I might race it next year. I definately think the 105* works. I'll speak to Al at BH Hanson he list a 105* header with a 1" offset. What is the length of your pipe it works perfect with the hull? I thought that the pie through the transom would work but after looking at the are it would come through and the diameter of the almost large section of the pipe I think there will be problems. From your pic I cant tell how close the pipe is to the radio box cover. I have a Dr. Bucks box do you see andy problems with the clearance? Well thanks for the info

Brian

BTW and tip of tricks I should know about the build. I will also be using a 500ml fuel bag
Old 05-07-2007, 06:40 PM
bd323

Tom

Any input on trick I should know about the hull or set up.

Brian
Old 05-12-2007, 03:31 PM
Lakefrontlivin

Brian ,
Here are some close up pics of the exhaust where it exits the hatch..
Hope this helps..
Tom H.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge95962.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	682998   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj26989.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	682999   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uz68220.jpg