Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

"RTF" JETS kits for 10lb turbines.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

"RTF" JETS kits for 10lb turbines.

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 05:15 PM
bmichels

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "RTF" JETS kits for 10lb turbines.

very few manyfacturer, besides grumania, are designing Jet kits for small turbines.

Therefore, any infos on "Advanced RTF" kits (I have very little time to built. So, the more pre-built... the better) for 10lb turbines will be very welcome.
Old 04-15-2007, 05:54 PM
rcguy!
My Feedback: (69)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: "RTF" JETS kits for 10lb turbines.

Look for the very long Savex L39 thread here on RCU/jets

Dave
Old 04-15-2007, 06:17 PM
bmichels

Thanks, I know the Savex fly VERY well with a Wren44, but... I don't really like the L39 plane itself ! I prefer fighter than trainers !
Old 04-15-2007, 06:20 PM
mikedenilin
My Feedback: (67)

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Check out www.jethangar.com for their ARF A7D&E Corsair. I personally like their new South East Asia Paint Scheme and the Navy VA-25 Paint Scheme that they just released. It's an attacker not a fighter though, unless you put 2 sidewinders on the fuselage, then it can take off some MIG 17 in a defensive move.

Mike
Old 04-15-2007, 06:26 PM
KC36330

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tam stated he has a SLW(super light weight) A-4 to be released in June for EDF and small turbines, 15 lbs dry weight.

kc
Old 04-15-2007, 07:30 PM
J. Campbell
My Feedback: (31)

Altecare has an A-4 listed on their site, looks to be the same size as an old yellow ducted fan kit,they were kind of smallish, very reasonably priced. I think a mw44 would fly it. Russ
Old 04-16-2007, 08:27 AM
GrayUK

Have a look at the Fox Composites web site.
Both the Hawk and the Sabre are perfectly powered with a Wren 44.

Paul

[link]http://fox-composites.com/[/link]
Old 04-16-2007, 02:32 PM
Vincent
My Feedback: (61)

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

These people sell a cool A-4 for small motors. V..

http://www.altecare.com/jets.htm
Old 04-17-2007, 04:59 PM
bmichels

Thanks Paul for your advice. I went to Fox-Composites, and falled in love with their HAWK. I also read your looong built thread about it. Sorry for the crash and congratulation for the built thread.

Since you have built quite some Wren44 based jets, I can assume that you will understand me when I say that I want to stay under the 10lb jet weight for the sake of usability and that I don't want tu jump into the "monster size" jets madness. So far, the plane that provided me the most fun is my Kero-Twinjet of 1kg ! [link=http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=537867](built thread)[/link]

So, I have a question for you:

I heard so many good things about the SAVEX L39/Wren combination, that the Savex seems to be the best flying jet for a Wren44. But... I am not so excited by the look of this Jet. So, this is why I was excited by this Fox-Composites HAWK. But, besides yourself, I have not heard comments about it. So, do you believe that the Fox-Composite hawk has the potential of flying as well as the SAVEX L39 with a Wren44 ? How will you compare them ?

PS : another alternative, crazy, will be to built a TURBINE version of the EDF SCHUBELER HAWK using the new 2,3Kg thrust version of the Micro Turbine from LAMBERT that I already use (the "old" 1,5 Kg version) in my Kero-Twinjet and that make me very happy every time I use it (what a "real turbine sound !). With a weight of 500 grammes (the turbine + accesories+pump+ECU+... ), this turbine should allow me to make a 3Kg (dry weight) SCHUBELER HAWK when the original EDF version is between 3,5 and 3,8 kg !!
The Schubeler Hawk has a 120cm wingspan. See: [link=http://home.vrweb.de/~schuebeler.impeller/home_e.html]schubeler web site[/link]

What do you think of this alternative "crazy" project ?
Old 04-17-2007, 06:14 PM
GrayUK

Yes! The Fox Comp Hawk is a very nice model, good performance on a Wren 44. Short take off great vertical. The L39 from Savex is an amazing model but actually with a 44 Gold is overpowered. Not in a negative way, you need to throttle back regualarly (nice situation) and you can use the power in the vertical. The Hawk is a nice match with the Wren 44 Gold. Mine was 12.5lbs fully loaded with fuel. This with around 11lbs of thrust is better than the full size!

The other is the Fox Comp Sabre F86, perfect on a 44 Gold.

Paul

ORIGINAL: bmichels

Thanks Paul for your advice. I went to Fox-Composites, and falled in love with their HAWK. I also read your looong built thread about it. Sorry for the crash and congratulation for the built thread.

Since you have built quite some Wren44 based jets, I can assume that you will understand me when I say that I want to stay under the 10lb jet weight for the sake of usability and that I don't want tu jump into the "monster size" jets madness. So far, the plane that provided me the most fun is my Kero-Twinjet of 1kg ! [link=http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=537867](built thread)[/link]

So, I have a question for you:

I heard so many good things about the SAVEX L39/Wren combination, that the Savex seems to be the best flying jet for a Wren44. But... I am not so excited by the look of this Jet. So, this is why I was excited by this Fox-Composites HAWK. But, besides yourself, I have not heard comments about it. So, do you believe that the Fox-Composite hawk has the potential of flying as well as the SAVEX L39 with a Wren44 ? How will you compare them ?

PS : another alternative, crazy, will be to built a TURBINE version of the EDF SCHUBELER HAWK using the new 2,3Kg thrust version of the Micro Turbine from LAMBERT that I already use (the "old" 1,5 Kg version) in my Kero-Twinjet and that make me very happy every time I use it (what a "real turbine sound !). With a weight of 500 grammes (the turbine + accesories+pump+ECU+... ), this turbine should allow me to make a 3Kg (dry weight) SCHUBELER HAWK when the original EDF version is between 3,5 and 3,8 kg !!
The Schubeler Hawk has a 120cm wingspan. See: [link=http://home.vrweb.de/~schuebeler.impeller/home_e.html]schubeler web site[/link]

What do you think of this alternative "crazy" project ?
Old 05-20-2007, 09:02 AM
Francois7

does anyone has news about the availability of the new Panther F9F from RIPMAX that will suit 10lb Turbines ??