Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Glow Driver Help...?

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Glow Driver Help...?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 07:16 AM
warhawk00

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glow Driver Help...?

I need some help. I have had a RAM glow driver on my saito 56 since it was new. I could never get a reliable idle. I may try to do without now that it is broken in. I noticed short battery life on my glow driver and after troubleshooting, i realized it was not shutting off. I called ram and they insisted it was my hook-up. It was in for 3 years and nothing changed. So, since the battery was on back-order, i bought a new driver. Guess what, same thing. After playing around, it started working. Ready to fly after a long down time repair, i charged all batteries and i was off. When i got to the field, IT WAS STUCK ON AGAIN!!! Any suggestions...? Please Help... [&o]
Old 05-28-2007, 08:15 AM
tail strike
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Glow Driver Help...?

Your glow driver plugs into the reciever, you setup the channel that the driver is pluged into to come on at low throttle or you can set it up to come on at the flip of a switch. You can adjust when it comes on with the ATV on that channel.
Larry S
ORIGINAL: warhawk00

I need some help. I have had a RAM glow driver on my saito 56 since it was new. I could never get a reliable idle. I may try to do without now that it is broken in. I noticed short battery life on my glow driver and after troubleshooting, i realized it was not shutting off. I called ram and they insisted it was my hook-up. It was in for 3 years and nothing changed. So, since the battery was on back-order, i bought a new driver. Guess what, same thing. After playing around, it started working. Ready to fly after a long down time repair, i charged all batteries and i was off. When i got to the field, IT WAS STUCK ON AGAIN!!! Any suggestions...? Please Help... [&o]
Old 05-29-2007, 03:46 PM
bjb6723

Default RE: Glow Driver Help...?

If you have the RAM glow driver hooked to a Futaba reciever, you need a special "harness" to go in between the two. I had the SAME problem. Call RAM and tell them your setup and they will ship you a harness for like 5 bucks.