Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

My pimp status was confirmed today!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 08:06 PM
LSTVega28

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My pimp status was confirmed today!

I let my brother take the X SS for 250, but I am going to buy his LE as a roller for 150! It has the 17mm conversion but no wheels/tires. All I really need is a engine. My main question here is, I am looking to spend 110-170ish. I was thinking of the picco .28 but I had one in my previous Savage 25.

I am thinking the STS D30M but the new STS 28 is coming out. Also, wheel/tires combo, any suggestions for a basher/racer? My revo is for strict racing [8D] Glad to be back on the HPI side .
Old 05-28-2007, 09:36 PM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: My pimp status was confirmed today!

LRP 28 is a nice engine too..
Old 05-28-2007, 09:53 PM
LSTVega28

ORIGINAL: badboy2

LRP 28 is a nice engine too..
Ya, I thought about that also....dude, I used to live in Maywood, NJ for 7 years...near Edison kinda.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:00 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well if you want to be a guinea pig like me, you could try the Axial 28RR engine.. Tower still has a few left. Price is $175, but I have the discount code for 30 bucks off any order over 149.. You can have the code if you want...

It IS though an untested engine, which is kinda' iffy.... Still, a lot of people have been raving about it - IN THEORY, so for the price I thought what the heck....

You wouldn't be able to get a Picco 28 in that price range anyway, would you?? OR barely the STS 30 WITH the STS pipe??... The STS - IF you ever got it running right, WOULD without doubt be a beast - but they just sound like a PIA to me.. New O-rings, new carbs, 2 gallons for a PIA break-in, etc etc... Defo not trying to start an anti-STS flame-war - just my opinion. There are plenty of guys here with good experience of them, and I don't have any. I've just heard too much... So take all that for what it's worth.

What about a good ole' reliable Mach 427 with a snazzy pipe? The Mach throws my big heavy LST2 around like a rag doll, so I can really see how all the people who say it would be perfect for a Savage are right.. Plus it's practically set and forget, which for bashing IMO anyway counts alot...

For wheels/tires, I recently bought the Axial beadlock rims and Axial Terraizer tires.. They look good, but I kinda' think the Axial beadlocks are more for shelfqueens.. I would get some Maximizer half-offset beadlocks and Losi Zombie-maxx tires. That's what I wish I would have gotten.. People have been praising that setup for years.. And it does look pretty damn good.. Or go for something lighter, like 17mm Proline 1/2 offset dish rims(dye them whatever color you want..), again, on Zombies or HPI Dirt Claws... I'd trade my Axials for that setup...
Old 05-29-2007, 02:16 AM
HeatFire

i defended STS before.. but now i dont know.. seems to eat pullstarts even when i heat it up.. but i fixed it ok.. but still and having a heatgun in a gravelpit aint allways so easy..
go for the axial, LRP or picco.. maybe
Old 05-29-2007, 02:33 AM
DamageIncorporated

I'm extremely curious to see, or hear about, how the Axial .28RR will perform. Keep us posted PatrickBW.
Old 05-29-2007, 04:34 AM
Savagekilla

IMO Get the LRP Z28R Spec 3..
Old 05-29-2007, 06:17 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: Savagekilla

IMO Get the LRP Z28R Spec 3..
I agree - IMO the safest bet..
Old 05-29-2007, 08:34 AM
LSTVega28

ORIGINAL: PatrickBW

Well if you want to be a guinea pig like me, you could try the Axial 28RR engine.. Tower still has a few left. Price is $175, but I have the discount code for 30 bucks off any order over 149.. You can have the code if you want...

It IS though an untested engine, which is kinda' iffy.... Still, a lot of people have been raving about it - IN THEORY, so for the price I thought what the heck....

You wouldn't be able to get a Picco 28 in that price range anyway, would you?? OR barely the STS 30 WITH the STS pipe??... The STS - IF you ever got it running right, WOULD without doubt be a beast - but they just sound like a PIA to me.. New O-rings, new carbs, 2 gallons for a PIA break-in, etc etc... Defo not trying to start an anti-STS flame-war - just my opinion. There are plenty of guys here with good experience of them, and I don't have any. I've just heard too much... So take all that for what it's worth.

What about a good ole' reliable Mach 427 with a snazzy pipe? The Mach throws my big heavy LST2 around like a rag doll, so I can really see how all the people who say it would be perfect for a Savage are right.. Plus it's practically set and forget, which for bashing IMO anyway counts alot...

For wheels/tires, I recently bought the Axial beadlock rims and Axial Terraizer tires.. They look good, but I kinda' think the Axial beadlocks are more for shelfqueens.. I would get some Maximizer half-offset beadlocks and Losi Zombie-maxx tires. That's what I wish I would have gotten.. People have been praising that setup for years.. And it does look pretty damn good.. Or go for something lighter, like 17mm Proline 1/2 offset dish rims(dye them whatever color you want..), again, on Zombies or HPI Dirt Claws... I'd trade my Axials for that setup...
Thank you for the lenthy post patrick, I think I will give the LRP a try. It will be 3 weeks b4 I get it though. This weeks of pay, getting a PSP. Next week, paying off my brother, next week is the LRP! I am work right now!!Lol
Old 05-29-2007, 12:59 PM
Vigilante212

My LRP powered savage was the fastest truck at the track last weekend. I cant say what the other people were running though, but they all had revos which are at least a pound lighter then the savvy .
Old 05-29-2007, 01:04 PM
LSTVega28

ORIGINAL: Vigilante212

My LRP powered savage was the fastest truck at the track last weekend. I cant say what the other people were running though, but they all had revos which are at least a pound lighter then the savvy .
Very nice vig! the LST's were smoking me on the stright's with my 3.3...hopefully with my Black MAx(picco 26). I should be able to keep up or even beat them on the straights. I might race my Savage once in a while, but my Revo is my race project. Considering I only have 3-4 trucks that are actual competition to me. rest are 12 year olds with stock revo's.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:44 PM
3spdsavage

ya....it is true...my savage is going to my bro...couldnt give it for free.....then i would feel bad. the truck has been modded to race all he really needs is a set of chronic tvps which im working on and he can race that bad boy. the collari is staying with me and he already has my nubz. but i am getting the savage 4.6 ss....will keep it basher for a bit becuase i also just got a lst...and thats my next project. dude...just buy a sts or a lrp...dont spend all you money.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:47 PM
LSTVega28

ORIGINAL: 3spdsavage

ya....it is true...my savage is going to my bro...couldnt give it for free.....then i would feel bad. the truck has been modded to race all he really needs is a set of chronic tvps which im working on and he can race that bad boy. the collari is staying with me and he already has my nubz. but i am getting the savage 4.6 ss....will keep it basher for a bit becuase i also just got a lst...and thats my next project. dude...just buy a sts or a lrp...dont spend all you money.
Ok...I already got a wheel/tire combo set up. now I am looking for a palce to get a LRP. Truck is beat up?
Old 05-29-2007, 02:18 PM
3spdsavage

um...no...its actauly in great shape. Just cleaned it recently too...so youre getting my truck and its in new shape. just drop a motor in there and you are gtg. now i just have to buy a 3 spd for my savvy
Old 05-29-2007, 02:22 PM
LSTVega28

um...no...its actauly in great shape. Just cleaned it recently too...so youre getting my truck and its in new shape. just drop a motor in there and you are gtg. now i just have to buy a 3 spd for my savvy
New? Can you itake a pic though, just wanna see it. what body you gonna include, the orange crowd plezeR?
Old 05-29-2007, 02:24 PM
3spdsavage

i dont have a camera..i can take with my phone and send it to ya.....ya...ill sned you my orange plezer body...its still in great shape and also my titan body if you want....good basher...proline thick...just the paint on that body isnt that great cuz i was a noob at painting when i got that body like 2 years ago...lol
Old 05-29-2007, 02:29 PM
LSTVega28

i dont have a camera..i can take with my phone and send it to ya.....ya...ill sned you my orange plezer body...its still in great shape and also my titan body if you want....good basher...proline thick...just the paint on that body isnt that great cuz i was a noob at painting when i got that body like 2 years ago...lol
ya, you are a greaat painter dude. I totally nuked my crowd plezer for my revo... ITS HORRRIBLE. I wil take a pic when I get home and post it. You didnt even have your truck for 2 years. I liked that Titan body alot though along with the green springs.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:45 PM
3spdsavage

ive had my truck for just over 2 years...lol...this may marked 2 years...haha. should be funny to see your body....remember the first time i got my NTC3...the first body i ever painted was that 350z.....it was suppose to be a solid blue....but after all the runs and mess ups...it look brown..ahaha. then we put all the stickers on there to cover up the paint and it still looked like hell. those were the days
Old 05-29-2007, 03:57 PM
LSTVega28

ive had my truck for just over 2 years...lol...this may marked 2 years...haha. should be funny to see your body....remember the first time i got my NTC3...the first body i ever painted was that 350z.....it was suppose to be a solid blue....but after all the runs and mess ups...it look brown..ahaha. then we put all the stickers on there to cover up the paint and it still looked like hell. those were the days
HAHA, that Z was Terrible. but serisoly dude, you are gonna laugh your arse off when you my crowd pleazer tonight. It looks like the flames are done bya 7 year old. I am not much of a artist but I tried! MY frined from the shop bought a NTC3, so we r going to bash the hell out of it this evening. I remeber your NTC3, was fast.
Old 05-29-2007, 04:27 PM
3spdsavage

tell him to drop a .18 os in that bad boy....or give him the 3.3 traxxas pos motor....im sure that thing will move with the.20 in there.
Old 05-29-2007, 04:35 PM
LSTVega28

tell him to drop a .18 os in that bad boy....or give him the 3.3 traxxas pos motor....im sure that thing will move with the.20 in there.

lol, my post got deleted....Howard (RCU Mod)sullivan knows me well. I sold the 3.3 to some sucker for 90 bucks .

So I was at the shop installing my Picco, some kid pokes me and says "what motor is that"...."The TRX 3.3" I say. "How much do you want for that bad boy" he exclaims....I say "for this beast(I tried not to laugh)! 80 with the pipe". He yells "I will take it for 90!". "you got it man". He walks over to hsi mom and asks for 90 bucks...sure enough his mom gives it to him and we do the exchange.
Old 05-29-2007, 05:34 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeh hes always deleting my posts