Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

VMG

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2005, 06:25 PM
pinkfloydman
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VMG

WEll i just bought a VMG off of someone, it cam with many extras like the HEX battery pack, full bearing, fireball motor, new cool painted body, purple shocks with the yellow springs and a battery adapter... all for 140 shipped....

so for you "fine" folks here, should i keep it stock or lengthen it and turn it intoa cool crawler?
Old 03-04-2005, 07:00 PM
shortbusjeep

Default RE: VMG

well i dont know anything about the truck but make it the coolesr cralwer posible imo so do what you want though and i dont want to upset ya last time i made a recomendation i was called a snot nose kid so if you want my opinon then there it is if not just ignore it.

sbj
Old 03-04-2005, 07:10 PM
pinkfloydman
Banned

thats what i was thinking about you snot nosed punk but im not too sure on how narrow the axles are, and how strong they are, so i guess ill play around with it
Old 03-04-2005, 08:31 PM
MAXXacceleration

I have TWO VMG's. Setup almost exactly as yours is. Gear down to 9, 10 or 11 tooth pinion(for crawling), and try a wheelie bar. That keeps it from flipping backwards when climbing.
I love mine(ones my kids, I swear). You can make killer indoor TTC(Top Truck Challenge) obstacle courses.
Go to the Ultimate RC forums-the Jang has free and easy hopups for the VMG(shock relocation).
Schumacher now distributes the VMG, called the Mini Monster(Venom still shows it too!?). Two cool new bodies are shown on their site and my LHS says more hopup accessories to come.
Enjoy!
Old 03-05-2005, 10:24 AM
studysession

I have the Leo-X which is made by same company that makes the VMG. Bearings are a must along with a better battery pack. I also went ahead and put a mamba 8000kv motor and wheelie bar on as well.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46806.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	238366   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37517.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	238367  
Old 03-05-2005, 11:27 AM
Wicked!!
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: atvrider4
so for you "fine" folks here, should i keep it stock or lengthen it and turn it intoa cool crawler?
^^^^^^
Old 03-05-2005, 11:51 AM
MAXXacceleration

I think the body you show SS, is the same one Schumacher(Mini Monster) is selling in the US(plus a red one too).
I don't know if Schumacher actually sells them yet, but they show up on their site.
Supposedly Venom wasn't selling many...
SOMEONE, NEEDS to come out with aluminum links and such!!!

Todays the day!! I'm running a pack of my rc's today! MY BL HV Trail Maxx, my BL SS Pede, my P2 Maxx and my Ofna Blazer SST!!! I'm gonna be busy. [:-]
Old 03-05-2005, 03:40 PM
studysession

YES it is the same truck because it is the Schumacher Mini-Monster. They are selling the Leo-X. When you buy the Schumacher Mini-Monster on the box says it is a A-Tech Leo-X. Same company makes the VMG just VMG actually puts their name on it and rebrand it as their own. Schumacher did not put their name on the thing, they left it as the Leo-X.
Old 03-05-2005, 05:41 PM
The_Mini_Giant

holy crud!my account is still open!its been almost a whole year since i last posted,lol.kinda fell in a rut and couldnt get out.but anyways im back into rc and working on my vmg crawler again.ill be done within the next dew weeks,i can post pics if you want.i mounted a overpwered servo to the axle,etc.the servo is exactly as powerful as the one that comes in the t-maxx but its a nicro sized one and comes with steel gears.so if that cant handle this little giant nothing can.
Old 03-05-2005, 05:45 PM
MAXXacceleration

Hmmm.... My stock steering servo turns my VMG just fine.
But everybody likes overkill...

Ummm, MG, you joined 6 mos. ago. I just thought you'd like to know.
Old 03-05-2005, 06:25 PM
pinkfloydman
Banned

yeah im jsut gonna leave this for some good ol' racing around and scaring the cat and dogs..
Old 03-05-2005, 06:36 PM
studysession

I had to delete and edit posts - Please no bashing or sarcastic comments that may start flame wars.
Old 03-09-2005, 03:32 PM
studysession

I have the Mini-Monster // Leo-X which is made by same company who manufactures the Venom Mini Giant. I installed a Mamba 8000 brushless motor and ESC along with a 7 cell 8.4v hex battery pack, bearings, and wheelie bare.

Here is a video of it in action:
http://67.18.81.100/rcuvideos/magazi...mba8000-01.wmv

Old 03-09-2005, 11:04 PM
MAXXacceleration

I'm sure that hauls some serious butt, SS. I gotta get that body-much nicer loking than the VMG one.
You still running non oil shocks? I have the CRC (Calandra) oils on one and the VMG oils on the other(they look exactly like the CRC ones). My VMG will run with my BL pede in the parking lot!!!
I sure wish someone would come out with aluminum links for it(I know make my own).
Old 03-10-2005, 04:55 AM
studysession

For the links you can use the titanium tie-rods for the MiniT. It is fast with the Mamba 8000 in it. As for body - it is a lot better looking than the VMG one.
Old 03-31-2005, 02:38 AM
3rcfreaks

well im my uncles house but its the mini giant here.things are going a little slow and its starting to look like a truck again.ill post pics when i get home on monday or tuesday.its still in pieces but its going to be sweet when its done.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:53 AM
adman

where can i buy one of the vmg crawlers
Old 06-06-2007, 01:08 AM
rdt45

I've got two VMG/Leo-Xs. Made one into a crawler. I'm having a blast with it. Extended the wheelbase to 9 1/2",GWS gear reduction and mounted a HiTec servo on the front axel. Here's a few pics.