Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

K4.6 VS Axial .28

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 11:12 AM
tmdz28

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default K4.6 VS Axial .28

Hi

I was just wondering, how significant is Axial .28 compare to K4.6? I race my friend's X SS yesterday, and he has more punch at bottom, but them i always past him at top speed. Is this normal?

my car still produce mucho smokes, and i tend to set my LSN a bit rich since i dont like wheelie. is this the max potential for axial .28? or is there more to come?

thanks
Old 06-18-2007, 11:54 AM
myrcsupply

Default RE: K4.6 VS Axial .28

ORIGINAL: tmdz28

Hi

I was just wondering, how significant is Axial .28 compare to K4.6? I race my friend's X SS yesterday, and he has more punch at bottom, but them i always past him at top speed. Is this normal?

my car still produce mucho smokes, and i tend to set my LSN a bit rich since i dont like wheelie. is this the max potential for axial .28? or is there more to come?

thanks

how old is the engine?

are you both running the same gear combination?

let us know.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:59 AM
tmdz28

ORIGINAL: myrcsupply

ORIGINAL: tmdz28

Hi

thanks

how old is the engine?

are you both running the same gear combination?

let us know.
my engine is about 1 gallon old, and his K4.6 is about 2 gallons. same gear combination 17/47 steel spur with hardened CB that comes with X SS kit.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:43 PM
black mamba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Axial puts out more power and torque....a decent amount more, so that's not the issue here. If both trucks are setup the same, the tuning of your engine is the problem. If I lived by you I'd get your Axial tuned right so you would totally embarass that K4.6. But I'm not, so you are on your own.[8D]
Old 06-18-2007, 12:47 PM
black mamba

Are you running the correct plug for the nitro content you are using? Medium plugs for 20% and cold plugs for 30%. What fuel are you using because high oil content fuels lower the overeall power output of the fuel. Don't go higher than 12% oil content.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:48 PM
lauderboy

come on gravedigger lend us some of your wisdom
please
Old 06-18-2007, 12:56 PM
tmdz28

ORIGINAL: gravediggerracing

Are you running the correct plug for the nitro content you are using? Medium plugs for 20% and cold plugs for 30%. What fuel are you using because high oil content fuels lower the overeall power output of the fuel. Don't go higher than 12% oil content.
yes please lend us some of your wisdom. like how many turns on HSN and LSN LOL. anyway, i still believe that my tuning is a bit rich, and i dont really want to embarrass my good friend. i like my engine to be a bit rich, to stay on the safe side. i will try to lean out the HSN a bit, since i can still see too much smokes coming from the exhaust.

But i did embarrass him enough yesterday that he is planning to go with the RR.[&:]

And yes, i am using R4 plug with 20%
Old 06-18-2007, 01:01 PM
lauderboy

perhaps i will try the OSa3 instead of the no8
Old 06-18-2007, 01:02 PM
black mamba

No wisdom here. I just get lucky. [8D]
Old 06-18-2007, 01:12 PM
lauderboy

i just got these from tower mugen alloy clutch shoes i hope these will go nice with my maximizer locker
Attached Images