Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Rock Crawlers
Reload this Page >

Revo Tranny "locking" for electric?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

Revo Tranny "locking" for electric?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 11:39 AM
Newpaltzwonder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revo Tranny "locking" for electric?

In the process of building a Crawler!!!

Has anyone out there successfully used a Revo 3.3 tranny on an electric conversion?

I was wondering if there is a way to "lock" the tranny so that it will be engaged while rolling forward and backward? I see that there is a one way bearing on the primary shaft, will locking that work?

I'm trying to do this without going out and buying a e-maxx or pede tranny.

Or can I take parts from the tranny and build one....which is something I have no clue about.

Any help would be great,

Newpaltzwonder

Old 06-18-2007, 04:33 PM
Straick7

Default RE: Revo Tranny "locking" for electric?

I'm current;y doing a very similair thing to mine. I was going to use the throttle/brake servo for the brake, lock the 2speed into first, and eventually rebuild the reverse on it. I am going to use a forward only ESC(spin the motor the same way that the Nitro used to spin). The only way that I could see to possibly "lock" the trans would be to glue or otherwise permanentaly affix the gear that is used for first to the shaft and fully lock out the the two-speed(crank the adjustment screw in as far as it can go without forcing it). Others might have better solutions, but this is how I am doing mine. Out of curiosity, how are you going to mount the motor? I am custom making an adapter that will mount to the original motor mount(it was the easiest way to mount it with what I have available). Good luck.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:20 PM
Newpaltzwonder

Default RE: Revo Tranny "locking" for electric?

I don't have any servos or all the electrical yet, I'm just trying to gather parts and then make a chassis out of aluminum.

I plan on making a motor mount....that is when I figure out how to use the Revo Tranny. Right now, I'm playing with the idea of using a E-maxx 70T Spur Gear with it. But I'm waiting to hear more ideas about this type of tranny.

I was thinking of using screws to "lock" the gears together, but there is a little voice in my head telling me to wait and see what I can dig up.

I noticed that there are alot of 3 gear transmissions, and started reading up on how to make one. I'm not too worried about having a slipper clutch, especially when I read about how they are just JB welded after a while.

Has anyone here know where I can find info on making a tranny or at least guide me in the right direction.....?

Thanks,

Newpaltzwonder