Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Reload this Page >

vinyl graphis like "rapid Tack" from home stuff?

Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

vinyl graphis like "rapid Tack" from home stuff?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 03:09 PM
idivein
My Feedback: (28)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vinyl graphis like "rapid Tack" from home stuff?

water and liquid dish detergent??? or something else?
Old 06-19-2007, 04:36 PM
Lightfoot
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: vinyl graphis like "rapid Tack" from home stuff?

My older son does vinyl graphics on emergency vehicles professionally. He uses a special liquid that he purchases for the purposes of applying the graphics. When he does not have it available, he uses a dishwashing liquid and water mixture.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:06 AM
Deadeye

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Windex works well too.
Old 06-23-2007, 10:44 PM
badbradgraphics
My Feedback: (630)

Theres only one problem with the dishwasher soap/windex solutions. Even after you squeegee it out, there is still a slippery film and the graphics can slide around when pulling off the transfer tape. So if your not using Rapid Tac or Splash, I recommend the following. Mix about 16oz of water in a spray bottle with only 1/2 oz of windex. The windex really just helps the water "mist". onto the surface. To be honest, no matter what you spray on mono/ultra cote, it beads up and leaves dry spots the the graphics sticks to prematurely. So, when you peel of the backing of the graphic, just before you are going to place it on the surface, Spray the sticky side of the graphic and transfer tape with the water solution, it will not bead up because its sticky.

Next moxt important step. After the graphics in place and squeegeed out. DO NOT try to remove the transfer tape. Spray it with the water solution and let is stay wet for about 5 minutes. You will see it kinda bubble, at that point. the transfer tape will just about slide off, not sticky to the graphics or the mono/ultr cote.

Hope this helps

Bad Brad