Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

world models 33% ultimate pictures!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

world models 33% ultimate pictures!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 09:38 PM
raimondi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default world models 33% ultimate pictures!!!!

I am impresed with the performance of this model, it is the best 3D machine I have ever flown! With the ZDZ 80 super engine is balistic on pull outs from hover!!!!!!!!!!11
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay75303.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	714835   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg16707.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	714836   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lq37649.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	714837   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mg98890.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	714838   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ny26953.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	714839  
Old 07-01-2007, 09:41 PM
krayzc-RCU
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: world models 33% ultimate pictures!!!!

good deal what servos and prop are you running. looks like you could have a rough flying field
Old 07-01-2007, 11:03 PM
raimondi

I fly at various places, this pics were taken at a strip near to my house by the beach, its confortable because its 5 minutes from home, the fiel at the club its about an hour from home and its 5000 ft of altitude!!!! I am using 4 hs 5985s on ailerons 2 5995s on elevators and one jr 8711 on rudder, the engine its a ZDZ 80 super with a wooden bolly 26x10. Great combo, people told me that I was going to waste my money with this model and the 80cc engine since this model its anaunced for 100cc, tell you what, this bipe weigths 21.5 pounds and its a roket with this engie and very low wing loading, I also have a 33% yak from SD models with the same engine, great fying plane! but this bipe does better 3D than anything I have ever flown beleve me. Even at the 5000 ft altitude field its a rocket on the pull outs from hover, I will be posting videos soon!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-01-2007, 11:10 PM
krayzc-RCU

that is great to hear, i love ultimates. I can hardly wait until you have a chance to post some video. Did you do anything to get it to that weight or did u build it stock. have you had a chance to do a knfie edge loop with the 8711 on the rudder? what is your low rate throws on the ailerons, i know with an ultimate it doesn't take much to make it spin like a blur....
Old 07-01-2007, 11:38 PM
raimondi

Yes I have done a Knife edge loop with this servo on this plane, the plane its prety new with me I have only 12 fligths on it, this servo is very confortable and has plenty of torque for this plane on the rudder, I did have to mix rudder with elevator and ailerons plenty, about 18% elevator and 14% ailerons, My rates are 40% on low with 25% of expos,and 95 on higs with 65 % expo, this plane needs lots of ailerons on hover to counteract torque, and when torque rolling it can pick up good rolling rate so you need high aileron rate to stop the torque roll when you desire to. It does great rolling harriers, and the harriers are rock solid with non wing rocking tendensis. About the weigth I used a Graph Tech CF gear, a CF spiner and tail tube, and only one servo for the rudder with pull pull wire mounted in the center of the fuselage to avoid tail heavi tendensis, at first I flew the plane with the battery all the way up front since they sayd that with the 80cc I was goning to have trouble balancig the model, but after the first fligths I had to move the battery back cause it was a bit nose heavy!!! I have a video taken with a Nokya cell phone, If you have the program for nokya videos I can send it to you, other ways I have to wait until they film me with a video cam!!!!!!!!
Old 07-01-2007, 11:43 PM
raimondi

Yes I have done a Knife edge loop with this servo on this plane, the plane its prety new with me I have only 12 fligths on it, this servo is very confortable and has plenty of torque for this plane on the rudder, I did have to mix rudder with elevator and ailerons plenty, about 18% elevator and 14% ailerons, My rates are 40% on low with 25% of expos,and 95 on higs with 65 % expo, this plane needs lots of ailerons on hover to counteract torque, and when torque rolling it can pick up good rolling rate so you need high aileron rate to stop the torque roll when you desire to. It does great rolling harriers, and the harriers are rock solid with non wing rocking tendensis. About the weigth I used a Graph Tech CF gear, a CF spiner and tail tube, and only one servo for the rudder with pull pull wire mounted in the center of the fuselage to avoid tail heavi tendensis, at first I flew the plane with the battery all the way up front since they sayd that with the 80cc I was goning to have trouble balancig the model, but after the first fligths I had to move the battery back cause it was a bit nose heavy!!! I have a video taken with a Nokya cell phone, If you have the program for nokya videos I can send it to you, other ways I have to wait until they film me with a video cam!!!!!!!!
Old 07-02-2007, 07:27 AM
krayzc-RCU

good updates there. see if you can post any vid you get/have here:

http://www.youtube.com/

reg for free.....
Old 07-02-2007, 12:15 PM
raimondi

I will try and let you know!!!!!