Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Security problem of air tank in fuslage

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Security problem of air tank in fuslage

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 12:14 PM
Likai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Security problem of air tank in fuslage

I will leave Taiwan to joint 2007-WJM tomorrow, but I'm worry about that if air tank and battery in the fuslage can pass X-ray check of airport? Any idea?
Old 07-03-2007, 07:29 PM
SECRET AGENT
My Feedback: (18)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Security problem of air tank in fuslage

What do you mean by pass? It will be detected for sure but will they let it through, don't know. The battery should pass with no problem. The air tank will be harder to convince that there is no harmful aerosol inside. I would try calling ahead and ask these very questions, maybe even get a point of contact to walk you through the process once you get to the airport. A little work on the front end will save you lots of problems in the end. Good luck.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:07 PM
Likai

ORIGINAL: SECRET AGENT

What do you mean by pass? It will be detected for sure but will they let it through, don't know. The battery should pass with no problem. The air tank will be harder to convince that there is no harmful aerosol inside. I would try calling ahead and ask these very questions, maybe even get a point of contact to walk you through the process once you get to the airport. A little work on the front end will save you lots of problems in the end. Good luck.
Thank you Secret Agent
But who or what organizaton I can call?
Old 07-03-2007, 09:54 PM
fw190pilot

Call the airport security and explain your sitution and ask thier policy on things like that. Maybe have a few pictures of the plane and the installed equipment on hand would be helpful. If they know whats going on in advance you shouldn't have any problems.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:50 PM
quist
My Feedback: (198)

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

What if you disconnect the tank to show it is empty and open?
Old 07-04-2007, 12:50 AM
SECRET AGENT
My Feedback: (18)

I wish I could help you with who to contact in Taiwan but I don't have that info.. I would start with the airline you are going to fly and go from there. Good luck.
Old 07-04-2007, 09:36 AM
captainjacobs

You will not take it with you after the checking desk. You will leave it at this point. Your plane will pass the security check as other pieces of luggages. It will fly in the cargo hold, not in the passenger cabin. There is no reason to refuse it. No problem for the security check.
However, security agent would refuse a LiPo battery if it is travelling with you in the cabin. In the hold, no problem.
Old 07-04-2007, 10:11 AM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

However, security agent would refuse a LiPo battery if it is travelling with you in the cabin. In the hold, no problem
Not many mobile phones or lap tops would get into the cabin if this was the case.

Can I take electrical items such as MP3 player, digital camera, film camera, mobile phone, video camera in my cabin bag?
Yes, provided it fits within a bag no bigger than 56cm x 45cm x 25cm.
Large electrical equipment such as laptops and large hair dryers must be removed from the cabin bag and placed in a tray for x-ray screening
I have seen somewhere that it is better to take electrical items as hand baggage where possible as this allows them to be checked in front of you. If the suitcase is suspicious it gets opened. If it is really suspicious it gets opened by a controlled explosion.