Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Brison 2.4 Smoke system

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 08:29 PM
dingo9882

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brison 2.4 Smoke system

I have a couple of questions about my new Brison 2.4. I want to put a smoke system in my Waco and the Brison website says that it is already tapped for smoke. Now this is my first gas engine and I am really unsure about where things are. Where is the tap for the smoke? Does that mean I can use the standard brison muffler that came with it if I just go and buy a pump? Also, what kind of smoke system should I use? This will also be the first time I am using smoke. I have been looking up on the Bisson mufflers website as well and I cannot figuer out which mufflers have smoke or not even. These are some really stupid questions, but I really do not know what to do.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81733.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	718565   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av67371.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	718566   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pu52395.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	718567   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mf95798.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	718568  
Old 07-08-2007, 11:00 PM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Brison 2.4 Smoke system

If you use one of the standard commercially available smoke systems like Sullivan or TME they come with their own pump and all you need to do is run a tygon fuel line from the pump to the muffler that comes with a Brison. Use a short (1") piece of neoprene the last bit of distance from the smoke line to the muffler. It will last longer that tygon. DO NOT use silicone glow fuel line. Typically the muffler has a little nipple somewhere close to or on the mounting flange. There is no need to use a muffler that has a smoke coil in it ala Slimline. Gassers produce more than enough heat to not require a pre heater in the muffler. Just about all Bisson mufflers are already tapped for smoke.

If I were you I would use any of the commercially available smoke units. They come with pretty simple instructions. I don't know of any one that's really better than any other. I prefer TME but others like Sullivan and/or 3W.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:30 PM
dingo9882

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here are some more pictures. Will the Bisson 2.4 inverted muffler fit my engine? It seems the mounting holes are different on the website. The mounting holes seem to be different then from what I have.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw67688.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	136.4 KB
ID:	719174   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb90196.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	719175  
Old 07-09-2007, 06:13 PM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

ORIGINAL: dingo9882

Here are some more pictures. Will the Bisson 2.4 inverted muffler fit my engine? It seems the mounting holes are different on the website. The mounting holes seem to be different then from what I have.
I use the Bisson inverted muffler on my 2.4 .... fits very well and sounds a whole lot better than that exhaust diverter that comes with the 2.4! Seems like they only have generic pictures on their web site.