Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

i am sick of nitro problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 10:53 PM
FrankB2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: i am sick of nitro problems

Here's an E-Zilla (E-Savage) at the race track with 1/8th scale nitros: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tEf9zMmVhI
Old 06-23-2007, 12:45 AM
bckyrdbshr
My Feedback: (35)

Looks like its holding its own pretty good.... Its probably just a stock Zilla. I think i'm fixing to drop the hammer on a Feigao 8L and some 7cell Elite 4500's. I hear its a monster on 6cell's so I cant wait to see it on 7cells
Old 06-23-2007, 11:28 AM
FrankB2

My E-Savage is pretty fast stock. Here's a video I took on some pretty rough ground...with battery packs that had been run for a bit
already: http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a80...ASavage005.flv
Old 06-23-2007, 03:24 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Meh, the E-Savage is nothing special... Crawl N Clod, if you see that video on the Kershaw Designs website link I posted, you can see the 1/8 Savage has some nice potential but personally if I had to do an electric conversion, I think I'd go E-Revo...
Old 06-23-2007, 04:58 PM
bckyrdbshr
My Feedback: (35)

ORIGINAL: rcnitrohead

Meh, the E-Savage is nothing special... Crawl N Clod, if you see that video on the Kershaw Designs website link I posted, you can see the 1/8 Savage has some nice potential but personally if I had to do an electric conversion, I think I'd go E-Revo...
I agree 100% there is nothing special about the E-Savy.... Just like theres nothing special about any other truck on the market. I will agree any truck has potential to convert to electric if you want to dump enough money and time into it. I had 3 revo 3.3's sold two of them and kept one. I have thought many times about converting it to electric but by the time I bought a couple big lipo packs and the killer brushles system it just dont seem worth it to me. I could spend the same amount of money on my E-Savy and turn it into a rocket ship... My point is if your gonna want to go electric your cheaper off buying a ready made electric rig than trying to convert one... sure you can do it but your gonna spend a ton of money IF you do it right and not cut corners.
Old 06-23-2007, 05:44 PM
FrankB2

I just mixed an E-Savage video: http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a80...t=fb0408ef.pbr
It's Cast a Spell on Me....LOL!!!! Cheesey music was compliments of photobucket.com
Old 06-24-2007, 06:12 PM
Sho_Nuff76

If you're not worried about the conversion being "Costy". Then just buy a RTR Electric. Sounds like a stadium truck will be more worth your wild since you dont like replacing parts. E Savage and T maxx's break alot being so heavy. And the aluminum conversion doesnt help to add weight to the electric motor decreasing speed and perhaps run time.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:40 AM
savagebasha26

I love using my nitro savage its the savage x 4.6 it wheelies on demand , good handling , takes jumps easy. the only thing is that its does take a while to start it starts straight away but wont idele but after the engines warm its fine. im getting an esavage as my neighbors get sikc of me tearing round my garden with savage the even sent a nasty letter so i have to limit to an hour max per day so i think its esavage for home and nitro savage in the woods and up at a local bashin site also baja 5b are hassle free
Old 07-27-2007, 11:40 AM
savagecommander

i got an esc that will take a 15 turn motor for $30. i can take two 30t or buy another esc and go down to 15t, get two packs and fab a aluminum motor mount for less than $100. i dont know what the big deal is, it wouldnt be that bad.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:01 PM
black mamba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another reason why RC newbies should start out in electric before getting involved in nitro right off the bat. The "hassles" of nitro RC are enough to make some people "hate" the hobby. You have to crawl before you walk.

Also, having any type of engine experience also helps out tremendously in nitro RC. If you are good with 1:1 carburated engines whether it be a weed wacker, lawn mower, dirt bike, ATV, older car or truck, etc, etc, you will have no problems with nitro rc. Carburetors are carburetors no matter what engine they are on and the tuning principles are the same. Master one and you've mastered all.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:06 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I was walking down the street in this quiet village in Bavaria yesterday on my lunch break, looking in the windows off the town square, etc..., and I saw something that jumped out at me.. It was a model differential for a tractor for some agriculture museum or something, and I found myself looking it over and remarking how familiar it looked..
Old 07-27-2007, 12:23 PM
black mamba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, the Savage differential is literally just a miniature version of what you'd find in a 1:1 car, truck, bus, tractor, etc, etc.