Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Reload this Page >

Painting an ARC Cessna 177 (ABS) ? ?

Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

Painting an ARC Cessna 177 (ABS) ? ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 04:24 AM
siddus74

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Painting an ARC Cessna 177 (ABS) ? ?

Guys,

I would would like to paint my Arc Cessna 177 and floats but am unsure what the best paint is to use . . . I have tested the Enamel Flair Specturm paint and that seems to adhere to the ABS quite well but is only fuel resistant. Has anyone painted a plane from the ARC range @ all?

Im hearing about Arcylic, but that need Fuel proofing, but what with?

The response I got from ARC was -
"You can use any type of fuel resistant paint like ISOFAN or ABF.
More info you can find in the building instruction sheet."

But guess what, the paint doesnt come up on any UK searches and my instructions are in Italian . . . any body help out here?
Old 07-31-2007, 11:55 AM
Campy
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Painting an ARC Cessna 177 (ABS) ? ?

Use what ever paint you feel adheres well. Do not worry if it is fuel proof or not. After you have painted everything and it has COMPLETELY dried, clear coat it with Ultracote clear or Lusterkrap clear to make it fuel proof.

I use latex paint quite a bit for painting my planes and then I clear coat them to make them fuel proof - I have had no problems at all with Ultracote clear.