Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Axial pullstart problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 03:14 PM
Savage_mt2_Attack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Axial pullstart problem

Im in the means of breaking in my Axial .32 spec 1s that arrived yesterday, and while trying to start it up for the 4th tank, the pullstart cord came out and would not retract back in. That worried me a bit because ive had bad experiences with my 18ss pullstart, the spring always breaks, so i thought i broke the spring. I took the engine out of the truck and unscrewed the pullstart casing and the pullstart just flew back in. I then thought my OWB had blone (maybe from a piece of metal during break in, w.e). After looking at my pull start i noticed that the knot and extra cord in the PS was catching on the backplate of the engine. I tried to flatten the knot so it wouldnt catch, but i dont think it will last that long. I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem, and if so what you did to fix the problem.
Old 08-02-2007, 03:26 PM
-SomeGuy-

Default RE: Axial pullstart problem

Use some threadlock and leave just a tiny bit of slack between the ps and engine, that might help. Dont pull the cord out to far or you will have problems with broken cords and springs. Heating up the engine with a heat gun or hair dryer helps while the engine is still under 1 gallon.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:26 PM
Wizz Kid

i had the same problem on the same motor... only my spring did break[:@]. i bent a new hook and 2 hours and 5 pinched fingers later i had a pullstart again.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:28 PM
tmdz28

pullstart sucks. get a roto and be done with it
Old 08-03-2007, 01:40 AM
black mamba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No problems with my Axial pull start-ever. The KEY is to not pull it out too far and not abusing it by yanking on it with a flooded engine, etc. Most all, if not all, pull start failures are operator induced.[8D]