Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

fuel line heat?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 04:45 PM
Gado

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel line heat?

Is heat from the engine or pipe bad for the fuel line?
should the fuel line be kept away from heat as much as possible?
Old 08-07-2007, 05:03 PM
Harriscat

Default RE: fuel line heat?

Hey Gado

A part of my exhaust line literally touches my exhaust and I have had no problems with it melting they are made to be hardy and the air rushing past them that the speed of the car generates cools them down, You shouldn't have any problem.

Good Luck

Charlie
Old 08-07-2007, 05:05 PM
Gado

ok cause sometimes my fuel wont go to the carb but a few mins later it will
Old 08-07-2007, 05:12 PM
Harriscat

This could be another problem, Is the fueling system and engine airtight there could be some leaks

Charlie
Old 08-07-2007, 05:17 PM
DaveG55

Heat won't affect the fuel line itself very much but it can affect the fuel in the line.
If the fuel gets too hot can do what you are describing or it can boil away when it enters the carb.
If you're sure that you don't have an air leak in the fuel system them you might try getting some of the fuel line heat shield that Traxxas uses. It's a woven fiberglass tube that slips over the fuel line. You can get it from Toweer I think.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:39 PM
Gado

when I run it for the first time of the day the fuel reaches the carb no problems but after its been run, sometimes i cant get it to start and I notice that the fuel is not getting to the carb it flows like really smooth in the line
Old 08-07-2007, 08:30 PM
Nick2618

So when you first start it up it runs fine right. Then it stalls and you try to restart it but it wont until it cools. Right? If that is the problem you have vapor lock from running the engine to lean.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:56 PM
Gado

thats what i was thinking,
i am so frustrated that i dont care what the needles are at i just want it to run!
i went back to factory but it still wouldnt start
could it be my idle screw? i have no idea where its supposed to be at.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:43 PM
Nick2618

ORIGINAL: Gado

thats what i was thinking,
i am so frustrated that i dont care what the needles are at i just want it to run!
i went back to factory but it still wouldnt start
could it be my idle screw? i have no idea where its supposed to be at.
Alright let me try to help you. Is this the car in question OFNA Ultra LX Comp ??? If this is your car here is the manual for it. (its 7mb so if you have a slow connection might take a while) http://www.ofna.com/pdf/ultra-lx-comp.pdf

Factory high speed is 3-3.5 turns from fully closed
Factory low speed set flush with the brass sleeve

This info is found on page 31 of the manual. I recommed reading it and taking it slow with this nitro thing. Sounds like your first nitro and you need to figure everything out before you go and ruin your new toy.

GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN!!
Old 08-08-2007, 11:05 AM
---RC PiNYoT---

Here is an excerpt from a post about vapor lock that you might be interested to know:

"Vapor Lock :

If you have ever shut off your engine or had it flame out while you are using it, and you find that it’s nearly impossible to restart, you are most likely experiencing something called “ vapor lock ”. Vapor lock is caused by the heat from the engine transferring to the carburetor. In turn it makes the carburetor so hot that whatever fuel that enters it boils off instantly into vapor . Hence the name “ vapor lock ”. A common giveaway to vapor lock is when you prime your engine; you’ll see that the fuel in your fuel line is pushed away from the carburetor. The only way to run the engine again is to cool the carburetor off enough so that it does not boil the fuel. The most common way is to let your engine sit for five minutes and then try again. Another way is to use cans of compressed CO2 or compressed air cans used for airbrushing and spray the carburetor. Or you can pull off your air filter and dump a little bit of fuel over the carburetor which will rapidly cool it. Just be careful not to get fuel on your brakes or electronics."
Old 08-09-2007, 08:04 PM
Harriscat

I wouldnt recomend pouring fuel directly into the carb, but thats my opinion