Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

RCATS magneto kill switch Zenoah g62

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

RCATS magneto kill switch Zenoah g62

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 07:43 PM
pancake
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RCATS magneto kill switch Zenoah g62

Setting up an rcats rc-100x kill switch on a G62 magneto only engine. Was wondering exactly how you have set this up. The instructions say the common lead connects to engine ground. ( is that at the engine block or inline). The Normally closed lead connects to the kill switch [micrositch]. Is that also spliced inline? Thanks
Old 08-12-2007, 07:17 PM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Default RE: RCATS magneto kill switch Zenoah g62

My RC-100 switch is plugged into CH 5( gear) on my Futaba 8UAF Rx is turned on by the corresponding gear switch on the Tx. The 100 is wired in series with my manual ignition kill switch, and both switches have to be ON for the engine to run.

From the sound of things you seem to be on the right track, but just in case you have problem with your install, just drop the guys at RCATS an e-mail and they will set you straight. I had a problem getting mine activated and they solved the problem easy.

Karol
Old 08-13-2007, 06:13 AM
huggins

Attached is a crude schematic on how to hook it up. The RC100 and manual kill switch are connected in parallel since this is a magneto engine. Both switches have to be on to run, and either will kill it.

Mike

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om33992.gif
Views:	614
Size:	3.0 KB
ID:	741154  
Old 08-13-2007, 08:26 AM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

I see the difference to my install which is an RC-100 connected to an electronic ignition system. Your diagram however shows a third wire from the RC-100X unit ... where should it be connected to.

Karol
Old 08-13-2007, 11:26 AM
huggins

ORIGINAL: karolh

I see the difference to my install which is an RC-100 connected to an electronic ignition system. Your diagram however shows a third wire from the RC-100X unit ... where should it be connected to.

Karol
It is the normally open wire and is not used with magneto ignition. Tape it up so it doesn't short to anything. If you use it on electronic, the rc100x is connected with the common/normally open wire in series with the manual kill switch. In this case the normally closed wire is not used and should be protected from shorts.

Mike