Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Carden 35% Extra Wing Retaining Pins?????

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Carden 35% Extra Wing Retaining Pins?????

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2003, 01:15 AM
MCR-RCU
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carden 35% Extra Wing Retaining Pins?????

I recently purchased a used 35% Carden Extra and was told by the seller that the wing was held in place by a pin put through the front locating dowel, inside the fuse and a screw in the underside of the wing into the wing tube. I see the dowels have a hole in them. This is my first Carden and I'm not sure what type of pins they are suppose to be.

Could someone explain or better yet show me a photo of the retaining pins in a Carden Extra?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Marty
Old 03-16-2003, 01:13 PM
Stick Jammer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carden 35% Extra Wing Retaining Pins?????

I'm not sure on the wing retaining system for Carden but pins thru the anti-rotation dowels are usually just for added safety in case the retaining bolts fail. Small hair pin clips like those used to hold lexan bodies on R/C cars work fine.