Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Sig 1/3 Scale Spacewalker

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 01:58 AM
Ozmodeller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sig 1/3 Scale Spacewalker

Guys

I have just aquired a fully built and well finished Spacewalker with a Super Tigre G4500 fitted. I would like to re-engine the model with a gas engine, what are the opinions on the Fuji Imvac BT-43EI-2 43cc Gas Engine for this aircraft, and do you think that I would have to cut into the cowl to accomodate the engine; I am a bit reluctant to do this as it really is well done?

If you have any other engine recommendations I would appreciate them also.

Thanks and Regards

Peter
Old 08-31-2007, 02:22 AM
gadix
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Sig 1/3 Scale Spacewalker

gooday mate

i had this plane same size made by cmpro
i have used G26 with a 17x6 apc prop

flies great
but mabe your model is bigger so why not put G38 or G45 with elec ignition
fuji engines are not that great
Old 08-31-2007, 06:07 AM
huggins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sig 1/3 Scale Spacewalker

I am currently building a Sig 1/3 scale Spacewalker myself and planning on using a DL-50 ("Looks like a DA-50"). The Spacewalker has a narrow fuselage and a side draft carb engine will probably require a big hole in the side of the cowl. The DL has a rear carb. With it and a Slimline pitts muffler, it seems like it will fit in the cowl without modification. I may have to make a couple of notches on the bottom, but do not know for sure yet as I haven't gotton that far. The plans call for adjusting the length of the fuse to fit your motor and I have made the firewall fairly far back. The placement of yours may or may not be a factor. Biggest drawback that I have seen is that there is virtually no room to mount the ignition mod. and ign. battery under the cowl. They will probably have to be mounted right behind the firewall, we'll see. Not my first choice by any means, but there is plenty of room to maintain separation of ignition and control stuff. With regards to what gadix said, the G38 is shown as an option on the plans. It has rear exhaust and looks like it fits nice. It also has a magneto, so ignition component mounting is not a problem. A lot of Spacewalkers were built with G38 but performance, I hear, is "scale like". I wanted a little more pep than that, but I don't intend to rip the sky up with it.....that just wouldn't be right. Gadix; Is yours the 1/3 scale or 1/4 scale version? I have never heard of anyone using a G26 before on the 1/3 scale, seems small.

Mike