Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

ZDZ60 single sensor installation??

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

ZDZ60 single sensor installation??

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2003, 03:04 AM
Gary Jefferson
My Feedback: (167)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ZDZ60 single sensor installation??

I am trying to install the hall sensor on my ZDZ60 and need to know the proper way to install it in the plastic bracket. It is very tight to insert it into the bracket and once installed I don't know how I am going to get it back out w/o damaging it if it is not in correctly.
The sensor itself is angled on one side and then tapered toward the front of the sensor as well. Can someone tell me the proper positioning for this sensor in the bracket, flat side to the sensor, round side to the sensor, etc. so I get a good reading from the magnet...Thanks in advance for any help, Gary
Old 03-18-2003, 04:03 AM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Rotate it so that the black part is closest to the magnet on the crank. That is how I did mine. And I can get mine in and out without having to mess with the main piece that holds it. Mine is an 80
Old 03-18-2003, 11:59 AM
Bob Pastorello
My Feedback: (198)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The sensor housing is a very close fit, and if the screw isn't nearly completely out, it can apply enough pressure to make the sensor hard to fit.

On my 80, it was tight enough that I had to run my round file in the housing a bit to get clearance. Not a problem after.

The angled part goes "up", away from the hub, and the flat should be parallel to the radius, not rotated. You set the timing by moving the whole housing left or right.
Old 03-18-2003, 04:29 PM
JohnVH

Here, I tried to center the magnet to the black part, then try to put the face of the black as towards the magnet as possible.

This help?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	63899_167.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	39168  
Old 03-18-2003, 06:34 PM
Gary Jefferson
My Feedback: (167)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ZDZ 60 engine

Thanks again everyone!! I really appreciate the info and the picture is a really big help. Gary
Old 03-18-2003, 06:35 PM
JohnVH

Good luck! The instructions will tell you how to set the timing. On mine I didnt have to move it at all from the factory placement. But yours may vary. Id double check it!

Keep us posted!