Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

NEWBE GOOD Starter Stadum Truck???

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2003, 01:15 AM
xtcracer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEWBE GOOD Starter Stadum Truck???

Hey guys... I been in RCs 4 bout 3 years now...I have a TC3 and Traxxas PEDE ( both Electric) now I feel the need 4 NITRO...what will be a Good starting NITRO Stadum Truck...and can you also include any links if you have 'em...And if you can give me some tips of what I can do to get started... is NITRO totally different from ELECTRIC...I have no clue on NITRO except that they have way more speed then most Electrics and they have that SOUND that I love and crave...Please help me with anything...thanks guys...
Old 03-22-2003, 01:55 AM
packfan88
My Feedback: (2)

i vote for the rc10gt
popular...great part support....lot of hop-ups.....durable
check www.towerhobbies.com they prolly have a few different model to fit your budget

and yes nitro is totally different from electric
tips to get started are to browse this forum
try this magazine they have alot of online articles
http://www.rcnitro.com/rn/articles/index.asp
Old 03-22-2003, 01:56 AM
Rob D

the losi xxx nt or the rc10gt
Old 03-22-2003, 02:33 AM
dagass

I'm sure you will see a ton of votes for both the RC10GT and the Losi XXX-NT. I believe both would be fantastic choices (if you want to race).

If your just going to be bashing around the neighborhood, you may also want to consider the HPI Nitro MT. It falls into the stadium truck category with one exception, it's 4WD. It's kind of unique in that you get the agility of the stadium truck with the go anywhere ability of the monster trucks.

http://www.hpiracing.com/kits/nitromt-m.htm

The HPI Nitro MT is much the same as the Losi and the RG10GT except that I believe it handles much better because of the 4WD. The only down side is that most tracks don't have a 4WD stadium truck class which is why I mentioned the Losi and the RC10GT for racing.

Any way you go, you won't be disappointed. Good luck!
Old 03-22-2003, 02:42 AM
rcidiot728

is it just me... or didnt u start a thread like this in electrics?

but either way the rc10 series is good so is the losi counterpart

i got a question though, u in LA, so am i, how old are u?
Old 03-22-2003, 03:13 AM
FUZZ

Default XXXnt sport

Well,...... I really like my Losi XXXnt sport. It is a top notch truck. I also am very pleased with the product support from Horizion Hobby. The speed is good and the handling is also great. You can get the truck with or without a radio.
I have a friend who is new to nitro and I reccomended the Nitro Rustler just because its known to be a great first truck and the electric starter makes getting started a lil easier for a newbie,...in my opinion.
I love my Losi XXXnt but I now also want a new 2.5 T-MAXX, but everyone always wants one more thing,....lol

FUZZ
Old 03-22-2003, 03:34 AM
wheelnut46

I'm lovin' life with my Duratrax Overdrive ST. Its fast. its 4 wheel drive. It has reverse. It has 2 speeds. I like it a lot.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXVA59**&P=0
Old 03-22-2003, 04:33 AM
Jbbxxxnt
My Feedback: (1)

Also there is the traxxas rustler. I have heard it is pretty good for backyard bashing but could use a new radio. I have xxx nt and really like it but it could be a little stronger for backyard bashing. Awesome for racing though. The rc10gt is also good but also could use a new radio. I bought the xxx nt over the rc10 because the radio not because of the truck.
Old 03-22-2003, 04:55 PM
rcidiot728

ya, the new rustler has a claim that its max speed is over 50 but i am not sure how it compares to others, as i have never owned the losi or team associated trucks
Old 03-22-2003, 06:29 PM
xtcracer

Yeah rcidiot728 i m from LA Marrero I did start a forum about the evader but i think im ready for NITRO...i was looking @ the NEW 2.5 rustler its like 300 so i might get that... I know associated and losi are nice but i m just looking to BYB... SO what do yall think about the 2.5 Rustler
Old 03-22-2003, 06:34 PM
FUZZ

I think that the 2.5 Rustler will be a great truck, as a matter of fact thats what I plan on buying my son. Everyone I have spoken with says that 2.5 engine is powerful and reliable and that the truck is also pretty durable. My Losi XXXnt sport was pretty fragile "in my opinion" until I upgraded to the standard XXXnt parts, its funny how the american plastic is soo much stronger than the cheaper chinese plastic.

FUZZ
Old 03-22-2003, 08:23 PM
xtcracer

Thankz 4 all the replys... remember to include what Nitro stadum truck that you like and why...keep em coming