Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Opinions on Hot Bodies Tornado

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2003, 10:48 PM
Demetree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions on Hot Bodies Tornado

I'm seriously thinking of picking up a Hot Bodies Tornado.

Before I buy one, I want to dig up as much info about these kits as I can. I've read some small magazine reviews, and looked at their basic web site.

If anybody who has real experience with these cars cares to reply with any info at all, I'd appreciate it.

Anything from chassis/motor impressions, to spare parts availability will be great!

Thanks,

Demetree
Old 03-22-2003, 11:21 PM
KyleSch

I would go with an HPI Type SS, its a similar car in performance but the part availability is much higher and its probably more reliable. I don't know specifically about the hot bodies though.
Old 03-23-2003, 12:33 AM
Demetree

I already have an RS4 3, which I really like.

I'm looking for information about a Tornado though, as it seems to me to have a chassis and suspension layout that is closer to full out race 1/10 scale cars than the RS4 3.

Anybody have one?
Old 03-23-2003, 12:55 AM
kevetz99
My Feedback: (3)

The Tornado looks like a great car. It is cheaper than the RS4 3 and it will be more competitive. It has a larger engine, 2 speed tranny, sway bars, ball pivot suspension, and many more positives over the RS4 3. I can find the Tornado for like $209 too! Overall, it looks like a great car. You won't be dissapointed in buying it.
Old 03-23-2003, 01:21 AM
KyleSch

The only problem if you want to race it is that that .16 engine isn't race legal, and it also shows a sign that the car was not meant to race, putting in a non racing engine. If you really want to race I would stick with a team associated. If you do get the tornado fill us in on it though!
Old 03-23-2003, 01:44 AM
kevetz99
My Feedback: (3)

Yea, the engine is not legal in sanctioned races, but it looks like a great car.