Securing Cans...

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 07:22 PM
a65l
My Feedback: (17)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Securing Cans...

Yeah yeah, I know, use a bra. Sorry.

Due to some problems I"m redoing the can mounting on my Aeroworks 35% Edge. The engine is a DA 100, and I'm using K&S cans. The original setup was two standoffs per can, with a metal retaining strap holding the can in place. Problem is that the metal straps were fretting the cans, and two of the standoffs broke. I replaced that with a single half bulkhead, with two half moons for the cans to sit. The Half moons are cushioned with split silicone fuel tubing. I need to come up with some way to secure the cans to that half bulkhead, preferablly without any metal to metal contact. I inset some bolts into the bulkhead, parallel with the way the cans run. What's out there that's heat resistant enough to last for more than one flight? Much as I hate the metal on metal, springs seem to be the best option, but if anyone has any ideas I'd be gratefull to hear them...

Andy
Old 10-09-2007, 06:57 AM
thevirginian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Securing Cans...

Andy;
Here is a great website: http://www.aircraftinternational.com/
Click on the picture to your right that says " 3W Airplane Builders Guide" and scroll down to page 7 and 8. You may find it interesting.
C ya Thursday