Community
Search
Notices
Walkera Helis - Dragonfly, etc.. Discuss Walkera Dragonfly Helis and any Walkera products in this forum

walkera 68#

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 07:43 PM
vatato

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default walkera 68#

Hi All
Today I get new walkera 68, but I have one problem. when I connect battery, main blade does not spin, but all function works (tail servo, main blade servos)
Old 07-03-2007, 07:46 AM
neweheliflyer

Default RE: walkera 68#

[link=http://www.china-magic3.com/picture.php?cat=39&image_id=312]Follow these guide[/link] - make sure you lower the throttle and the trim beside throttle to the very bottom first
Old 09-14-2007, 09:43 PM
immortalize

i think u gotta press the red switch and hold it for like 1-2 sec, it's a safty switch or something
Old 09-14-2007, 09:52 PM
vatato

Hi all
thanks for answer, it is a beautiful helli, I like it, but...

I think ESC or Receiver is burned, bcause, when I turn it on, heli not respond...
Old 09-19-2007, 08:54 PM
babyhuey

ORIGINAL: vatato

Hi all
thanks for answer, it is a beautiful helli, I like it, but...

I think ESC or Receiver is burned, bcause, when I turn it on, heli not respond...
Yep, thats what they do!

I just bought a 68 and the first time I ran it the esc burned[:@] THen the motor smoked on the next try[:@] Took them out and installed them in the trash!
Now have a 430L brushless and esc, WOW what a difference! No more Walkera motor/esc for me!

Just the facts man,
Huey
Old 10-04-2007, 05:10 PM
Boxie boy

I just recieved a 68B and well, interesting problem. First mine would not start initially because the throttle had to be reversed in my TX (6EXHP), ESC thinks your at max throttle and will not initialise. Anyway when it did run i was suprised when it would not runup again when the motor stops Disconnecting the battery and a while later it sometimes works (moter tune). Tried a ferrite ring, separated the ESC away from RX. Gyro (240) initialised. tried all connections, tried different battery. Still no joy. Gonna try moving the RX but i doubt this will work either. I have a Trex 450 SEV2 and i am thinking of swapping out the ESC to prove if the walkera ESC has failed out of the box. Wouldnt suprise me.
Any thoughts on this one?
Regards
Boxie
Old 10-04-2007, 07:38 PM
babyhuey

See previous post!
Old 10-09-2007, 01:11 PM
drenowa

I just got my dragonfly 60 and tried to fly it.
At first i got it 2metres up in the air but it kepts spinning counterclockwise. while landing it I broke the tail servo.
I disconnected al the wires , replaced the servo and then tried to reconect everything. All the servos seem to react fine now but when the engines spins for a few seconds It started smoking ans the ESC was really hot. Could it be that i conected something wrong?
Cable that comes from battery to the ESC from there the engine is connected and another cable to the receiver connected to THRO
From the receiver I connected ELEV to the servo that moves the swashplate in the front middle.
AILE to the servo that moves the swashplate from the rear left.
From RUDD to the gyro and from there on to the tail servo
GEAR is not connected
AUX 1 is connected to the servo that moves the swashplate from the rear right
AUX 2 to the yellow single wire that leads to the gyro.
POWER also isnt connected.

Can anyone please tell me if this is correct?
Thanks
Old 10-09-2007, 06:10 PM
JRexA

The Walkera ESC's are are not the best..... [:@]

Together with friends I ordered 5 68B's. on one of them, first the ESC was fried, and then the engine.
If it happens on mine, than I am going for a TowerPro 40A ESC and a seperate BEC.(I have them, in my toolbox)
Propably, just going for a Seperate BEC will solve a lot of problems, as it looks like it is the BEC part of the ESC that burns (On our cases)