Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Need direction...

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Need direction...

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 08:51 PM
dantheta2man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need direction...

Hello folks... I want to get into flying "rc jets" so with out sounding so much of a noob...please bare with me.

I just moved to Florida (deltona,fl) and I am looking for a club were I can go and get educated on "RC jets, so any were in central Florida will be great....I have been watching all the videos and like the way every one flies in a professional manner. So if some one can give me some kind of direction or a local club here in Florida it will be gladly appreciate it. I have been looking at alot of kits, in particular the starter kits and i cant seem to find the radio that has to be used to fly these jets.
Once again please bare with me, I tried searching and the search on this web site seems a bit complicated.

Any help and direction is gladly appreciated!!!!
Old 10-09-2007, 10:35 PM
Wayne22
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Need direction...

You can sift through this list of clubs for something near you:
http://www.modelaircraft.org/clubsearch.aspx

Radios... you will find that 9 channels is the absolute minimum, and more is always better. Figure on one channel per control surface, one for brakes, one for retracts, and one for nosewheel steering. If you add other stuff like speed brakes, smoke, bomb drops, opening canopies...that takes more channels (or matchboxes). You can cheat a bit by using Y harness for pairs of control surfaces, but this makes setting up endpoints, neutral, and control throws much more difficult... If you wait a bit, we should start seeing 12 -14 channel 2.4's in the coming months....

Old 10-09-2007, 10:51 PM
bcovish
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are two jet events coming up soon in Florida, one is in central FL (Lake Wales) Nov 1 - 4 and one in the Florida panhandle (Pensacola) Nov. 15 - 18. Attend one or both of these events, you can get a lot of info there.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:58 AM
pilott28
My Feedback: (27)

ORIGINAL: dantheta2man

Hello folks... I want to get into flying "rc jets" so with out sounding so much of a noob...please bare with me.

I just moved to Florida (deltona,fl) and I am looking for a club were I can go and get educated on "RC jets, so any were in central Florida will be great....I have been watching all the videos and like the way every one flies in a professional manner. So if some one can give me some kind of direction or a local club here in Florida it will be gladly appreciate it. I have been looking at alot of kits, in particular the starter kits and i cant seem to find the radio that has to be used to fly these jets.
Once again please bare with me, I tried searching and the search on this web site seems a bit complicated.

Any help and direction is gladly appreciated!!!!
Apopka has a jet friendly club. Also Ocala. Or you can come visit me in Jacksonville.

Keith.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:30 AM
dantheta2man

hey thanks guys for the advice, I really do appreciate it! and "pilot28" will there be any events here in Florida coming soon??? I will definitely love to attend to them and explore the world of RC jets. I know it is a pricey hobby and thats why I would like to be informed the right way of the hobby and do things the right way cause I would hate to see a couple of thousands crash!! Do you have a shop or a group you attend too??? I would not mind taking a drive to Jacksonville and see you fly, let me know when you get a chance. once again thax guys!