Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Best 2WD truck...

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2003, 06:40 AM
airwethead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best 2WD truck...

Both the hobby shops I regularly frequent stock a full line of parts for both the XXXNT and the RC10GT, and so does the track I race at. Out of the box, the Losi RTR has a vastly superior engine and radio, so I would say if you are going the RTR route, the Losi gets the nod. If you plan on building an all out race rig, the Losi Adam Drake and RC10 factory team are top of the line equals. One guy at our track races the Mugen, very fast and agile truck, but he has to make sure he has all the spare parts he needs on hand, cause they aren't stocked locally.
Old 04-01-2003, 02:04 PM
1fstxnt

kevetz, the best spot online to find losi stuff is stormerhobbies. Theres a few different companys who make parts for the losi. I posted some of the a while back, I'll try to find it.
Old 04-01-2003, 09:20 PM
fanofla
My Feedback: (1)

An unassembled kit with "Racer" specifications is already being considered.

This is a quote from the HPI website on the Nitro Rush. I am leaning toward the Losi ST right now. Does anyone think HPI will be able to improve upon the current Rush and actually make it race worthy? I like HPI's durability and quality.
Old 04-01-2003, 10:21 PM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

Originally posted by fanofla
An unassembled kit with "Racer" specifications is already being considered.

This is a quote from the HPI website on the Nitro Rush. I am leaning toward the Losi ST right now. Does anyone think HPI will be able to improve upon the current Rush and actually make it race worthy? I like HPI's durability and quality.
lol no way, they just dont have the engineering to make there truck worthy of competition with the losi and AE, and mugen in the nitro scene.
Old 04-01-2003, 10:26 PM
Brodie Sinn

If your LHS stocks them, haggle a bit. I got mine to pricematch tower hobbies price. Of course he made me buy fuel with it too but I dont mind since he just opened the shop and its the only true R/C shop in town. So I wanted to support him + hes building us a track!
Old 04-01-2003, 11:55 PM
kevetz99
My Feedback: (3)

Yea, a while ago I was at my local off-road truck store with an indoor track (www.dirtburnerracing.com) and I looked at the Losi XXX-NT Sport RTR. It looks like a sweet car, and because seeing is believing, I am going to surely get that truck. Thanks for all the help guys, and I think I will be very happy with it.

Thanks Again,
Kevin

P.S. For all of you XXX-NT owners - Do you think there are any "Must Have" upgrades for the truck?
Old 04-02-2003, 12:14 AM
1fstxnt

yes, aluminum diff gear, titinum rods,threaded shocks
Old 04-02-2003, 12:57 AM
caseyddr

graphite arms unless u wanna buy lots of spares.
Old 04-02-2003, 01:13 AM
1fstxnt

The graphite arm break just the same as the regular ones, only when you SLAM into something. They just cost more to replace. $7.50 vs. $12 for the front
Old 04-02-2003, 01:22 AM
caseyddr

the plastic do break more than the graphite... but ok whatever not going to get into flame war ^_^
Old 04-02-2003, 01:26 AM
kevetz99
My Feedback: (3)

Yea, those sound good. I just wish the Losi XXX-NT RTR would come with a .12 instead of a .15 so it would be race-legal. I wonder why they wouldn't equip it with a .12? They should have.
Old 05-23-2003, 10:40 PM
bkfawcett

Default Roadkill Oval Body on Losi XXX-NT

'Been having lots of fun racing dirt oval with the Drake kit, off-road setup. I've only been beat once (so maybe I shouldn't change anything...?) But I'd like to have an on/off-road oval option with foam tires and the W.S. Dean's Roadkill body (fits on RC10's with short shock towers) Anybody know how to fit this body on Losi XXX-NT?