Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Bryce "Not Real" say Apple Naysayers

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Bryce "Not Real" say Apple Naysayers

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 11:43 PM
aparchment

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bryce "Not Real" say Apple Naysayers

Pretty funny -- I was searching for some aviation software for my IPhone this evening (something like Airport Insight for Palm) and came across a bunch of sites claiming that Bryce is an actor hired to play an airline pilot in the Apple IPhone commercials.

You've gone beyond famous and become a myth Bryce! The Nightwalker has entered the hallowed ranks of other mythical characters such as the Headless Horseman, the Easter Bunny or, dare I say it, Santa Claus!

Can we have your autograph?
Old 10-29-2007, 12:13 AM
Dave Presta
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Bryce "Not Real" say Apple Naysayers

"PLAYA HAYTA'S"
Old 10-29-2007, 02:37 AM
digitech
My Feedback: (10)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: aparchment

Pretty funny -- I was searching for some aviation software for my IPhone this evening (something like Airport Insight for Palm) and came across a bunch of sites claiming that Bryce is an actor hired to play an airline pilot in the Apple IPhone commercials.

You've gone beyond famous and become a myth Bryce! The Nightwalker has entered the hallowed ranks of other mythical characters such as the Headless Horseman, the Easter Bunny or, dare I say it, Santa Claus!

Can we have your autograph?
we are not worthy?
Old 10-29-2007, 07:20 AM
Synthetic
My Feedback: (18)

[You've gone beyond famous and become a myth Bryce! The Nightwalker has entered the hallowed ranks of other mythical characters such as the Headless Horseman, the Easter Bunny or, dare I say it, Santa Claus!]

You left out, "The Grim Reaper"!
Old 10-29-2007, 09:00 AM
Wayne22
My Feedback: (2)

or is that the Green Ripper?......

Old 10-29-2007, 09:56 AM
Gordito Volador
My Feedback: (1)

I told you guys that was Tiger Woods in that commercial, playing the character of Bryce Watson, airline pilot!

Regards, Bill
Old 10-31-2007, 02:49 AM
SDCrashmaster

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Man, there is a lot of discussion about this all over the web, as was mentioned.
On Airliners.net they are put off because they say it makes ATC and dispatchers look like idiots, and the pilots all are awaiting their first encounter with a passenger whos iPhoned and ready.
Fortunately, here on RCU, we're smart enough to know that's it's just a commercial...and a very well done one at that. Sophisticatedly simple.

But anyway, one guys response was very funny and I thought I'd post it here for ya'll.

Quoting FL1TPA (Reply 15):
Oh joy! I can't wait for the next ground delay or long taxi due to weather somewhere to get a smarta** with a freakin i-phone shoving it in my face saying "It's NOT raining there... SEE!"

Too late...already happened to me. We push back, get advised of a ground stop in MEM due to storms in the area. Go to the penalty box and wait. My Captain does the lecture over the PA... not one minute later, we get dinged from the F/A

"Some guy with an IPhone says the weather is good, and wants to know what the real reason is for the delay. Is something wrong with the plane?"

I want to tell this deuschbag what he can do with his IdiotPhen - but the Captain does it even better. He gets on the PA and makes the following announcement :

"If the passenger with the IPhone would be kind enough to use it to check the weather at our alternate, calculate our fuel burn due to being rerouted around the storms, call the dispatcher to arrange our release, and then make a phone call to the nearest Air Traffic Control center to arrange our timely departure amongst the other aircraft carrying passengers with IPhones, then we will be more than happy to depart. Please ring your call button to advise the Flight Attendant and your fellow passengers when you deem it ready and responsible for this multi-million dollar aircraft and its 84 passengers to safely leave."

Needless to say, the pax was pretty embarrassed. The F/A later told us the rest of the plane was outright laughing at this dude. What a clown...