Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

savage .21 problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 05:52 PM
falcon87

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default savage .21 problem

im not really sure what the problem is..but the truck runs fine, but after 5 mins of running it sometimes stall or doesnt want to move even tho throttle is pulled for maximum speed..im wondering if its how the fuel line runs r engine floods while playin wit it
Old 11-05-2007, 07:46 PM
mazdab2600

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: savage .21 problem

ORIGINAL: falcon87

im not really sure what the problem is..but the truck runs fine, but after 5 mins of running it sometimes stall or doesnt want to move even tho throttle is pulled for maximum speed..im wondering if its how the fuel line runs r engine floods while playin wit it
ready up.
see if this helps. then come back and help us with more info.
http://www.hpieurope.com/manuals/pdf/841.pdf
Old 11-05-2007, 07:56 PM
falcon87

i tuned the truck to maximum performance....the problem im having is it after like 5 mins of run time it feels like the truck has no more power and it doesnt really want to move even when i put he throttle on all the way sometimes the truck stalls..i also need help on getting rid of the air bubles in the fuel line
Old 11-05-2007, 08:06 PM
electricnitro

The air bubbles in the fuel line means, you need new fuel lines, or your tank is cracked.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:06 PM
mazdab2600

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i tuned the truck to maximum performance....the problem im having is it after like 5 mins of run time it feels like the truck has no more power and it doesnt really want to move even when i put he throttle on all the way sometimes the truck stalls..i also need help on getting rid of the air bubles in the fuel line
air bubble = air leak in the engine or lines or tank.
seal the engine. check the lines for holes and check the tank for air/fuel leaks.

and hows the temps of the engine. sound like its to lean = overheating= stalling out or slow performance.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:45 AM
-SomeGuy-

Then again it is a savage 21 and maybe the engine is just old and worn out. Sounds to me like as soon as it reaches temp it looses power, typical of dying engines.

Really not sure but try contacting HPI and see if they will still trade the .21 for a .25, i doubt it but you have nothing to lose. If not then i see a new "what engine to get" thread going up soon.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:57 AM
DaveG55

ORIGINAL: mazdab2600

air bubble = air leak in the engine or lines or tank.
seal the engine. check the lines for holes and check the tank for air/fuel leaks.

and hows the temps of the engine. sound like its to lean = overheating= stalling out or slow performance.

Air bubbles in the fuel line won't be from an air leak in the engine.
It is most likely either an air leak in the fuel lines (as stated) or the tank lid seal. It can sometimes be a crack in the tank but you can usually tell that if you have a raw fuel leak around the tank when it's full. It could also be a loose header to engine connection or a loose/damaged header to pipe coupler.
If you've got air bubbles in the fuel line then it's also likely that you're running lean and overheating - which can cause your symptoms. Or it could be like SomeGuy said and you've just gotten all the life the engine had and it may be time to replace it.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:59 PM
Knightfall

I'm surprised no one mentioned the possibility of a leak in the fuel fitler. My friend had this issue. He replaced the fuel filter and the problem was solved.

I'll second the overheating comments. It maybe boiling at the carb and so it will die out from fuel starvation.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:12 PM
falcon87

THANX guys im check at my local hobby shop to see if the know what it is.....i have a brand new gas tank in my savage the 1 without the primer.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:43 PM
electricnitro

Good luck at the hobby shop. I guarante you they will tell you its your left rear wheel bearing thats causing the problem. lol Truse me the best answers you will get is off of here or savage central. I've grown not to trust what the hobby shops says. Lets pu it this way. The main rc tech at my local HS told me to lean my motor out durning the winter time to get the temps up. lol

I would start by replacing your fuel line and pressure line, no matter how old the are.