Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Reload this Page >

clean paint on canopy?

Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

clean paint on canopy?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2003, 07:10 PM
SJMILLER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clean paint on canopy?

Hello,
I purchased a completed midwest Texan. Great looking plane, painted white and blue navy colors. Problem is when the plane was clear coated the canopy got sprayed. Now it is to cloudy to see into. This wouldn't be a problem, except the Retract pressure gauge and the digital volt meter are located in the canopy. Any ideas for cleaning Clear coat of a Platic Canopy?
Thanks!
Old 04-01-2003, 06:50 PM
captjack
Banned
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clean paint on canopy?

use brake fluid only one the area you want paint removed soak paper towel wrap with saran wrap suspend upside down.safe for plastics may take a few weeks to softenuse toothbrush dipped in fresh fluid to remove softened paint.this is how paint is removed from lionel trains for repainting.but they are left soaking in a tub filled and part submersed but part is not dammaged.