Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Need help getting more steering.

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 09:43 PM
vnmsgt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help getting more steering.

I have just bought a hyper st pro and ran it for the first time tonight and it is not steering too sharp. I want to know about the adjustment holes on the steering plate. I know they are to adjust ackerman and I have the steering set in the center hole. What does the front hole and rear hole do to the steering?
Old 11-08-2007, 09:51 AM
Dawman
My Feedback: (33)

Default RE: Need help getting more steering.

The center hole is where you want it and your steering problem is most likely in your set up . Diff and shock oils , shock positions , camber , toe , tie rod positions , droop , and ride height have a big role in steering . It will all depend on the track conditions and driving style as to how you make your tuning adjustments .
Old 11-08-2007, 10:23 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What servo do you have on steering?
Old 11-08-2007, 05:57 PM
vnmsgt

I have a JR650 servo. I am not just talking about the steering when running on the track but also just going in a circle real slow. One person told me to use a longer servo arm which I already have and to put it toward the top hole on it which I have it almost one from the bottom hole which would give me more steering. I am going to try that and see.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:04 PM
Dawman

ORIGINAL: vnmsgt

I have a JR650 servo. I am not just talking about the steering when running on the track but also just going in a circle real slow. One person told me to use a longer servo arm which I already have and to put it toward the top hole on it which I have it almost one from the bottom hole which would give me more steering. I am going to try that and see.

Well , IMO that servo won`t cut it for a truggy . It has torque at 142 oz/in @ 6V and speed at .17 sec/60° @ 6V . For a truggy a Z900T or Z9100T has more than enough torque and faster than the servo you have now . They are expensive but work well and last a long time .
Old 11-08-2007, 07:28 PM
vnmsgt

wont cut it? I am not a serious racer or anything but I think this servo is awesome! I am used to having spektrum 590 servos and this one is alot stronger and faster. I have never broken a 590 or 650 servo yet and I am had them on 2 of my truggies for over 6 months. I know the 590 is alot slower but was fine for me but now I used them in my buggies. Some of my friends have gotten the hitec servo with 333oz this past week but I think that is overkill.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:36 PM
Dawman

Some of my friends have gotten the hitec servo with 333oz this past week but I think that is overkill.
Not for a truggy , I believe a truggy needs a minimal 200 oz for steering . Your steering is slow because the servo doesn`t have enough torque to move the wheels fast enough .
Old 11-08-2007, 08:23 PM
vnmsgt

My steering is not slow by any means. I will try and post a vid so you can see but I think I have it fixed. I adjusted the steering arm from the servo saver to the servo arm all the way to the top hole and the steering looks much sharper. I will have to see when I drive it next.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:57 PM
vnmsgt

Here is a vid of my Hyper with the JR650 servo I have in it. Now I realize it is not a 100 dollar servo but I think it is awesome for the money.[link]http://youtube.com/watch?v=gD5cWvCK_BA[/link]
Old 11-08-2007, 09:03 PM
Dawman

Well your video doesn`t show much . A weak servo can turn the wheels in the air with no load on the servo . If you think your servo is fine then it`s in your setup .
Old 11-08-2007, 10:15 PM
vnmsgt

Here is a vid of the wheels on the ground. this is even on rough wood and not smooth concrete, but I think it is ok.

[link]http://youtube.com/watch?v=uf3fsm9Uz0A[/link]
Old 11-10-2007, 06:24 AM
fishovpafc

hi i have a condor pro my steering seems a bit slow and not as sharp when i turn right as it is when i turn left any ideas please.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:25 AM
vnmsgt

What radio are you running? Did you just put a servo on it and not adjust you trim on you radio to the middle before you put the servo arm on it? You should adjust it to the middle before you put the arm on and then make you fine adjustment with it to make you wheels straight if they are not already.
Old 11-11-2007, 12:44 PM
fishovpafc

my radio is a acoms techniplus 2.channel.1 stick type.
the car etc came ready built. i have adjusted trim to get wheels straight but like i said in previous message its not as sharp when i turn right. eg:
if i have no or little revs and turn left the car goes around in a small constant circle if i do the same thing turning right it goes round in a bigger circle.
any help or tips etc will be very helpfull & gratefull
thanks ! !
Old 11-11-2007, 06:58 PM
vnmsgt

If you had to adjust you trim alot to one side to get the car to go straight then the servo cannot turn one way the same distance as the other because you have it already turning one way besides staying at center to make the wheels straight know what I am saying?
Old 11-12-2007, 01:49 AM
fishovpafc

not realy ? what do you think i need to do and could u explain how to do i please. i am new to r.c and need all the help i can get.
many thanks! !