Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

RC out of the ordinary

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 03:55 PM
9five9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC out of the ordinary

This is for anyone who has worked on a project that is anything out of the norm; like if anyone has turned a Clodbuster into a drag racer, or a tamiya Subaru Brat Rock Crawler, or a 1997 Chevy Blazer that you've fully converted into an RC drift car......anything that's going to make someone think: "What the hell did you do that for?" It would be cool to hear about or see pictures.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:59 PM
GYNAIKAS

Default RE: RC out of the ordinary

The only thing I've done is a FWD conversion for one of my oldest on road cars...it sucks though!
Old 10-27-2007, 11:04 AM
9five9

My buddies and I found this cheap New bright TOY rock crawler jeep at a thrift store for two dollars, and we made a four link set up for it using heavy duty coat-hangers that are actually really strong. For the steering we rigged up a traxxas 2055 servo. It had a motor and tranny on each end, so we took those out, and put two dewalt power drill motors in them with some misc. metal gears i found at ace hardware to beef up the transmission. we ditched the shocks and right now it only has springs so it has a ton of flex, the only draw back is it's really bouncy. But all in all the thing only cost about 25 dollars total, i'll post pics as soon as i take some
Old 10-27-2007, 12:18 PM
evader22

that sound sweeeet
Old 11-14-2007, 02:17 PM
9five9

I took an old radio shack 16th scale on road car and put an XL-5 set up in it. It took a lot of dremeling and JB weld, but it's fun, kinda stupid but it's a 16th scale with a 550 so it hauls. I also put on a lighter body since it was a hard plastic one, and put suspension on it. I like pointless projects.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:16 PM
jatoracing33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i took a crappy radioshack xmods and made it front wheel drive...all it did was slowed it down but it was kinda cool
Old 11-14-2007, 04:41 PM
calvino

I am THINKING of making a nitro 18MT, just a thought, if I don't decide on the NEXT, I know my buddies younger bro wanted to slap ALL the electronics... into a niko street car, like a 550 motor in a 1/16 ish car, sounds dificult, he finealy decided no on it[8D], making my Radio Shack Avalanch either into a crawler, or a race truck, also thinkng of mounting a 6 V 7 AMP lead acid battery to increase run times[8D], yeah, stuff like that, projets that take more time than I have time in the day for
Old 11-14-2007, 06:31 PM
9five9

yeah i was out at the track and saw a radio shack toyota tundra that they are still selling that a guy turned into a crawler, it actually looked pretty sweet, he put a lot of work into it to make it work alright. that thing had balls for a radio shack truck