Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Should I get a Supercharger?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 03:05 AM
smalltownsavage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I get a Supercharger?

What's up everyone, I have a Savage 25 with the k4.6 on it. I've considered getting a supercharger for it soon. My buddies and I have been drooling over them for the last year or so and I descided I might be the first to finally get one. I believe the company is RB innovations. I was wondering if any of you know the details on these and how hard they would be to tune and maintain. Do any of you have one of these superchargers your Savage? What do you think of them. I'm assuming that it will increase the performance of my truck, but will it damage the engine? The motor is worn, but still has decent compression. I was also curious if these superchargers have the "whine" like ones in real cars or if they have any cool sound. Thanks for looking this over and I appreciate the help. If I like what I hear, I'm going to get one real soon![sm=regular_smile.gif][sm=regular_smile.gif]
Old 11-11-2007, 03:19 AM
SpikeX

Default RE: Should I get a Supercharger?

I suggest you do a search, as this topic has been discussed many times. The bottom line is that a supercharger will NOT work on our little 2-stroke engines. For the price of a supercharger, you can get a better engine than your currect one (or port and polish your existing one) to give you a lot more performance than a supercharger can ever make.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:49 AM
electricnitro

Its not a good idea. [link=http://www.savage-central.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=63465&hig hlight=supercharger]Click me read this[/link]

The link I provided has 5 pages on how the supercharger is not worth it. The link also has alot of people that REALLY REALLY know nitro engines that put there word in. Such as Maximus. Its a GREAT idea on a 1:1 motor that has slow rpm responce and low HP. But you gotta think. Your motor is already spinning at 28,000 rpm and gets up to that rpm very quickly. So helping that is out of the picture. You have to tune it for the super charger. What happens if the belt breaks and you don't realize it?

If you looking to blow $$$ on something that will blow your friends away, then I would look into the 8 port .28 from novarossi. Also if its such a great thing why don't you see other people that have heard " OH SNAP that RB supercharger is THE BOMB" so on and so forth. Its cause you won't. Do what you want I would just save some more $$ and get ya a novarossi and be amazed.
Old 11-11-2007, 10:12 AM
DaveG55

I think you should get one!!!!!!!!!

Not really, but I'd love to see someone try one out and post up some real life experiences about just how hard it is to get and engine tuned and running "right" with one installed.
Heck, these engines are finicky enough as it is. Why would you want to add complexity to make it harder to work with?

But, hey, if you get one, let us know how it goes.
Old 11-11-2007, 11:38 AM
nothinbetr2do

no, don't waist your money. they will not work on our little 2 stroke motors. like said before, if you want more power buy a bigger motor
Old 11-11-2007, 01:45 PM
-SomeGuy-

The supercharger is a no no, just like the Nos kit and integy parts . In other words, waste of money.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:00 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

If you want to get rid of your money you would be better off giving it to me. Do you need my address? LOL
Old 11-11-2007, 03:56 PM
snoking16

^^^ 46u, no actually...it would be a better investment to give it to me...just because.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:02 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The supercharger is a joke, but RB Innovations nitrous system works so you can go for that. It's been proven by a magazine (forgot which one) that it provides a 30% power increase but it kills your engine over time IMO still not worth it
Old 11-13-2007, 07:42 AM
SAVAGEJIM

Absoluetely no. Do not get a supecharger for a 2-stroke nitro engine. Do not even buy the RB Innovation supercharger; it is a toy and not very functional; it will not produce the boost need to supercharge even a 4-stroke model engine.

If you want a supercgared engine, get a 4-stroke glow engine with one already built on. OS makes a 4-stroke glow engine with supercharger already installed, but it is not cheap. Also, it is a low RPM engine so you will have to get custom gears to seriously increase your Savage's gear ratio. Additionally, you will have to do some fabrication to mount the OS engine as well as adapt the gears to run your Savage.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:18 PM
tmanturk

HI There iv got a savage 25 with supercharger and 3 speed gearbox and its the best thing ive ever got it really did boost my savage with a little adjustment it is runing superb ill say its def worth itttttt and the sound it makes ahhhhhhh
Old 11-16-2007, 07:20 PM
tmanturk

ill soon put a video of it in utube
Old 11-17-2007, 11:51 PM
MTboy

Today at the LHS the man behind the counter was working on a savage x with a supercharge and nos. It was sick. He told me that it ripped. I really dont know if it did but it looked mean. Just thought I would share.
Old 11-18-2007, 01:46 AM
Vigilante212

Yea it ripped thats why hes working on it :rolls eyes: for the $400 the guy spent on the supercharger and nos he could have gotten an engine that would outperform it no doubt. All it does is force the engine to run lean.